Friday, November 17, 2017

A LITTLE 'TUTORIAL'

Yesterday Julie asked me if I could show her what I do with the cards?  
So ... here's what I do:


ABOVE:  A very rough 'tutorial' on how to get the fabric onto the card... the glue way.
You can baste stitch the fabric on too, but that takes way more time!
Stuff that.

I kept expecting to hear from the school last night, asking me to come and get Keera!
I was so sure she would freak out at bedtime and not want to stay.

But, no phone call... so she must be just fine.
It's weird knowing I don't have to get up and take her to school today... cos she's already there!  *laughing*

I'm going back into Hamilton today, got WW's, then I need to do a little 'birthday' shopping for a certain young man who's turning 16 tomorrow!

SIXTEEN!  OMG where did my chubby bubby go?  Griffin has grown up far too fast. *sniff*
He's all smelly, sweaty teenage boy now... and like... 6 foot 1 inch at least.



ABOVE: Yesterday for LUNCH he ate... get this... FOUR PIES! (I didn't know he ate 4 pies till later). And about an hour later he wanted to eat an entire large packet of potato chips!  I wouldn't let him.  

I know you must be getting sick to death of hexie photos by now... but late last night (12.30 ish to be exact), I laid some out on the kitchen bench, and this will be my first Table runner:


ABOVE:  I will add 'borders' of solid colour around the outside, not sure what colour to use yet, but it could be any colour obviously.

The best thing about taking photos like this is you can see any 'mistakes'... and I can already see one.  CAN YOU?

I will leave that one up in the air, let's see who can find it.

Now... I am going to get some washing on and tidy up... then go to town.

ONWARD...

Dammit, now I can see two mistakes.

TO A TROLL NAMED PRUDENCE:  Clearly you were not WORKING today... spending hours reading my blog then leaving shitty comments... how productive. Guess what?  I know exactly where you work too!  Shouldn't use ya work computer chick. ( XXX XXXXXXX County Office of Education)

Moving on.  I went to my WW meeting and recorded a GAIN of .400.  Tis only a piddle, so I'm not to bothered.  

Keera had a blast at camp, but came home really tired and tearful.  So she had a nap for two hours after her afternoon tea.

Still tired when she woke up... so we didn't let her stay up too late tonight.

It's a quiet evening here, been sorting a few details out for next month... Christmas and so on.

Time to wind the day up.   

COMMENT MODERATION IS NOW ON.  I'm sick of TROLLS and HATERS comments getting through when I'm not vigilant enough.

29 comments:

  1. So do you leave the paper in the fabric, what happens when you wash it? Looking good and I couldn't see any mistakes..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you have stitched them together you must remove the paper. The glue washes out.

      Delete
    2. Ah I was wondering that too! Thanks for the video :)

      Delete
  2. Oh God theres troll fodder right there....using the word chubby and four pies!!! Happy birthday to Griffin. And well done you raising two happy normal well adjusted teenagers. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:47 PM

      Lol give it time,A few of Chris's kids don't talk/like her and her daughters/son's partners are not fond of Chris either.Wonder why huh? It's only a matter of time that the younger kids get the hell out of Chris's house and live a little.God she won't even let Brylee sit her drivers license.Is Brylee simple? No I don't think so? It's controlling Chris at it again.

      Delete
    2. People like you are spineless Anonymous! You don't know a damn thing about Chris and how awesome she is. Obviously you know someone who tells you shit. Go stuff yourself with it and leave good people alone.

      Delete
    3. Wow ANON, you managed to slip that one in without me noticing! Same twat from the other day ... shit you like to stalk my blog don't you? Seriously, you must have nothing better to do.... you are checking on here ALL THE TIME! You are rather sad really. AS for my family dynamics... funny how I GET THE BLAME for everything... and like... what the fuck do YOU know about it? NOTHING. Unless your name is *insert family name here*... cos seriously, you live in Hamilton right? Could be any of a number of *Family* members having a gripe. Sad sad sad you. Jealousy, hate and malice at it again.

      Delete
  3. I hope that Keera is enjoying her "camp" ... I remember doing something similar when I was at primary school. Lots of fun. Glad you are enjoying your hexies. I think the mistake might be the two white with blue horizontal stripes side by side on the 2nd and 3rd in on the right hand side - row 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep... thats the first one I saw.

      Delete
  4. I can only see one 'mistake' , the same as Paula. I prefer to sew baste my hexies, I find I can do it quicker than glue basting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always sewed these, didn't know you could use glue (probably because it wasn't available in the 1960s when my mum taught me to do these!)

    Is it the two with the string dark stripe, in row 1 and 2? It may be deliberate, but the fact that they're oriented differently would really bug me ... I'm a bit obsessive about that sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, that should read 'strong dark stripe'!

      Delete
    2. Heck I didn't notice them! Isn't it wonderful to have friends able to help sort them out! lol

      Delete
  6. cool tutorial!... I assumed the hexie's were a lot smaller before I saw it! xxxxx Christy

    ReplyDelete
  7. how awesome would that be in xmas colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hell... don't give me ideas!

      Delete
    2. That is a brilliant idea - a Christmas table runner!!!

      Delete
    3. i think so! Cant wait to see what Chris comes up with now i have planted the seed. lol

      Delete
    4. Evil Tarts! 😂😊😁😆😄😊

      Delete
    5. I would buy a Christmas table runner - just saying :-)

      Delete
    6. Well it won't be a HEXIE one that's for sure! They take ages to hand sew together. Maybe next year?

      Delete
    7. If its for next year you will have plenty of time :) :D

      Delete
    8. Yes I would eh? lol :}

      Delete
  8. As of right NOW, Comment Moderation is ON. No more shit comments will be getting on here. Bye Bye trolls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a good weekend. Good luck getting rid of the trolls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and Trevor is the same. He JUST made himself an omelete and now he's asking what is for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tutorial Chris. Thanks as I had wondered too about the hexi cards. Glad you have shut down the trolls. I love your blog. From your admirer in the frozen bush of Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:13 PM

    Bottomless pit that lad is LOL - 4 pies!!! Yikes!!! Happy Birthday Griffin :-)
    Sorry about the trolls :-( :-( :-(

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.