Saturday, January 31, 2015

WEIGH IN AND GROCERY SHOPPING... AND CAKE.

Well it's a dreaded grocery shopping weekend again.  I will never come to like shopping for groceries, NEVER.

The only consolation is that after we've done the shopping, we shall be going out for lunch.  

As it's my 'day' to weigh myself, it's also my day to have ONE evil meal for the week.
I am tossing up between having pizza or butter chicken. 

And cake.  I am going to have some cake.  Not sure what sort yet, it will be only the second time THIS YEAR I've eaten something with sugar in it (apart from fruit).  Not bad eh?   

I'm doing really well with this new effort to lose some weight.  OMG I hope I stick to it!


ABOVE:  I made this set of mug rugs last night while I was watching Coronation Street down in the garage.
It's a great way to be productive while listening to the telly.  

Bloody hell!  Do you realise it's the last day of January already?  Amazing how fast this month has gone.  And I can report a total WEIGHT loss for this month of:   ....   later!  

ONWARD...  

So.... I lost .850 grams this week, bringing my total loss for the month of January to: 6.3 kilos.   I am very happy with that.

Stew and I are now off to do the shopping, leaving the kids home with Bex. 


Well... the grocery shopping wasn't too bad, not very busy.  Spent a fortune though, I swear it's just going up and up every week!

After unpacking and putting it all away Stew, the kids and I went to St Lukes for lunch.  We had an extra kid, a friend of Griffin's.  I've re-named him JJ... short for Jabber Jaws!  He talks non stop, and his volume is set at around 7!
Nice kid though, he can come again. *smiles*

We are now off to get dessert for this evening.  My choice?  Cheesecake. 

End of Day:  well I served myself a very generous helping of cheesecake, but couldn't eat it all.  Sad git.
But it was lovely.
Time for bed, it's so hot and sticky.  We had quite a bit of rain today.  Humidity is now at 100% I reckon.
nite nite

19 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:25 AM

    i just dont understand it, ive only lost a friggin 2 kilos since 1st january. well annoyed about that. howga do it then?
    sue part,sheffield,, w yorkshire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cut out all processed carbs (Breads, pasta, rice), have NOTHING with sugar in it except fruit. Watch your portion sizes. Alcohol probably should be cut too... but as I rarely drink alcohol, I didn't have to actually 'cut' it out.
      Get some exercise, moderate is better than nothing. Don't snack. Don't let your emotions dictate what you eat, plan, plan, and plan some more.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous5:23 AM

      Chris what about potatoes? I am so discouraged! I have downloaded that fitness app and stuck to 1400 cal but I was expecting more loss!! Last night I had a bar of chocolate. I thought sod it. Your damned if you do and your damned if you don't!! Thanks for your advice.
      Sue part, Sheffield, uk

      Delete
  2. Well done on the weight loss - awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great progress! That will give you motivation to stay on the straight and narrow. I'm embracing paleo (for medical issues I thought I would research a bit more and it seems to be helping) and although I have only been going a week I feel a lot better and as a bonus it seems a kilo has dripped away! Keep up the good work!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm....butter chicken! You are doing amazingly! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic effort and result! Keep on keeping on x

    ReplyDelete
  6. great news on the weight loss Chris.
    I have put on over the last 6 weeks,.I know that I can loose without cutting out the carbs ( gotta have my 2 pieces of toast fro breakfast), need to be a bit firmer on myself

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent job lovely:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on the loss-that's fantastic. How did Griffin's first day at high school go??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loved it. Can't wait for Monday!

      Delete
    2. That's great. Long may it last!!

      Delete
  9. Very well done with the weight loss......hang in there....great mug rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great loss there and you are definitely determined. Shopping grocery is stink at anytime, right before school back nightmarish, here our local pak n save is undergoing refurbishment that's a huge hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great loss Chris!... mmmmm cheesecake. Always good to have a little of what you fancy..... x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on another loss. I actually like grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:30 PM

    Hi

    Great weight loss ! I have lost about 15 kilos now since starting last September....

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really stoked to hear how well you have done with the weight loss this month.

    Enjoy that cheesecake, you have earned it! :)

    Clarissa.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.