Tuesday, July 08, 2014

NO PHOTOS!

Well, unlike the past two days... I've got no photos for you today.

Well... not yet anyway.

I'm going out later on this morning to spotlight, I'm getting a few more lengths of navy fabric and some more batting... to FINISH my Dresden Plate Quilt!

I am doing it!  This week I hope to get the bulk of the borders done.

I think Bex and Dante are coming with us too.  Dante's rash is not contagious.  He would have been contagious BEFORE the rash appeared.  So, he's safe to take out again.
And I am sure he will enjoy going out for a little outing.  He's been cooped up here for a long time, being so ill, the poor wee man.

It's such a huge relief seeing him on the mend.

I don't know if I mentioned it here, but Stew finally has resolution on his job situation!
He has been offered, and accepted, a new position within the company he works for.
He is prepared to 'give it a go' and see how he likes it.  

At least now we have options.  It's in our hands on what happens next.  If Stew hates the job, he can get his CV out there and look for something else, while still being employed and bringing in a pay cheque.

I'm just thankful he still has a job.  For the last 9 months I have lived with the fear that at the end of the day his company WOULD make him redundant, after stringing him along for months on end.

I'm still furious at the company for how they handled this situation, but moving on...


I'm quite looking forward to going out today, because I am finally determined to finish my quilt!  And I think I've changed my mind about the borders too!

*smiles*  Typical woman eh?

ONWARD...


 ABOVE:  first stop this morning... Spotlight, where I got more fabric for me quilt, and various other things.  

I'm trying a new rotary cutter, I'm sick to death of the Olaf one I always use.  The blade constantly ends up not cutting properly, and getting new blades all the time is so annoying.  Fingers crossed this new brand works better.

The plastic grid sheets are so I can make my own templates.  Way, way cheaper than buying the solid plastic ones that are already sized.


ABOVE:  second stop was The Warehouse, where I bought Keera's 2nd Birthday present and some party stuff.
We are having a small, family lunch/party for her, here on Saturday.  I can't believe she's going to be 2!  The old saying "Time flies" is so true.

Now we are home, Dante is in bed and it's time for lunch... and maybe watch some of the 6 episodes of Home and Away that we haven't watched yet.
Bex and I didn't watch any last week, we were too busy keeping Dante comfortable and hydrated.

Thank goodness he is really on the mend now.  He's still not eating that well... but I'm sure he will pick up eventually.

I have not had much time to myself today!  Dante keeps wanting me to either play with him, or sit on my knee and look at dogs/trucks on my computer!
I don't mind really.

Here's a couple of happy photos of him today:



ABOVE:  Dante just loves Coco... and I think she rather likes him too.

My Dresden Plate Quilt.  Well... I have gone right off left field for the borders now.  I shall show you tomorrow... as I hope to have it FINISHED by tomorrow night!  
YES.  FINISHED.

I will show you tomorrow once it's finished.

End of Day: a good day, got a bit done, was awesome to see how well Dante is, on the road to recovery from his various bugs and rashes.
Really windy storm passing over our part of New Zealand tonight... gale force winds here.
Better make sure we have torches and candles ready in case we lose power.  It's that windy!
nite nite

12 comments:

  1. So glad Stew's job situation resolved in a way that leaves him some options. Not ideal, but better than being unemployed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Dresden quilting. Hope you get it finished soon. I am sure you will feel soooo good once it's finished

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad they've offered Stew a noob, hoops it's so etching big enough to challenge him. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's a positive of some sort about the job, Glad Dante is on the mend, have fun quilting I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:37 AM

    hun your fears and concerns about Stew job were very valid and impact on your health weight and stress levels were emence go easy on yourself xx

    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  6. What, wait?!?! Keera's going to be two already? Time flies.
    Sorry you didn't get to the quilt. I can't wait to see it finished. It's going to be gorgeous!
    I sure hope things work out for Stu and his job. Being on edge and having things up in the air is so stressful. I hope it all works out.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow miss Muppet is almost 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:31 PM

      Yea babe...almost 2 lol...I really can not believe it myself.
      ♥ Lacy n Keera :-)

      Delete
  8. Anonymous6:15 PM

    Hi

    Chances are the guy replacing Stew won't work out and they will be asking him back....I have seen that happen before...now he can just bide his time....Glad Dante is on the mend...

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad hear that Stew's situation has sorted itself out. Thank goodness Dante is feeling better. Happy 2nd Birthday Keera

    ReplyDelete
  10. I KNEW you couldn't post a post without photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah you are gong to finish it!

    Glad little Dante is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.