Monday, July 08, 2013

FIRST COLD IN OVER A YEAR

Not impressed.
I've caught the cold that has been going around our house...


I forgot, Griffin's had the cold too. Having nice rosy cheeks is all very well... if one didn't feel like crap.

I feel like crap.

Not going walking this morning.
Not doing bugger all in fact.

I had ONE job on my mind for today.
Tidy up the food cupboards.
They are doing me head in. 
I can't reach stuff up high, and it is a right pain having to sit on the floor to reach into the back of the bottom cupboards.

So, if I'm up to it later on today, I'm gunna do a massive re-arrange in the kitchen.

That should take me hours.
And it will drive all of us bananas until we get used to where everything is 'now'.

That's if I even do it today.  Who knows?

This was Stew's poor little car after we left the supermarket:



AND... it was a small shop for us!

My friend Michele from Palmerston North is visiting me today.  She's bringing lunch.  Sushi I do believe.
I have warned her I've got a cold and she's still keen to visit!
I hope she doesn't get it.

Maybe Dante won't cry at her this time too?  *smiles*

Last thing for now... I heard this song on the radio at the Hospice Shop last week... and fell in love with it all over again.  The last minute or so is just them talking... skip it!

It's not going to impress anyone under about 45 I think!  RACHEL:



ONWARD...

MARGIEANNE:  Ahh NO.  I don't have 'Photoshop' ... my photos are 95% untouched.  I tweak the lighting/contrast sometimes, but that's about it.





Just a 'little' miffed anyone would think I had photo shopped myself.  *smiles*

Well we have just had a lovely visit from Michele, (photos later)... and a sushi lunch too.

In between yakking, I managed to get lots of work done in the kitchen with shuffling stuff around and so on.
I'm probably about 70% done.






See?  He really liked Michele this time.  Funny what a difference two months makes.
He's such a darling.

During the day, keeping myself busy with the kitchen cupboards kept me from feeling too miserable with the cold.
Now?  Ikkkk.  And I still have to cook dinner.
Tonight the family are having pork chops, apple sauce/gravy, spuds and stir fried veges.

I will have mine tomorrow for lunch.

End of Day:  as I'm still feeling rather ikkk, I'm actually going to bed early for once!  9.45 pm is early for me.
nite nite

9 comments:

  1. I'm on day 4 of a cold too, and feeling rotten! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon - I woke up this morning with a thumping headache and sore throat and snotty nose - not happy Jan !!!
    Take care of yourself !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paige is sick with it - super high fevers and only just got the snot/sore throat after about 4 days. We are off school which is sorta cool!

    Wardrobe sorting and material sorting.

    You've made me crave sushi now - maybe for lunch tomorrow if we're off again!

    :)

    Kate444

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:27 PM

    Sniff Sneeze Sneeze Sniff...got a red nose now...
    Hopefully tomorrow is nice weather and i'm going to try walk the cold off....see ya tomorrow 'BJ' lol xoxo #2 and mini me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris - I just saw your photos from yesterday and you look fantastic. What a difference 25kg makes. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you shouldn't grizzle about the cold cause no one else was allowed to grizzle when they was sick! I do hope you get better fast though, maybe you were brewing for it as your cheeks were red last week? Oh no that's right you did walk but maybe just maybe the pre cold didn't help the hot flushes? -2 here tomorrow oh joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yuk I hate having a cold, hope you are feeling better soon. Well done on your weight lose, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being sick sucks. Do they sell Emergen C there? I swear that stuff works great when you feel something coming on.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.