Saturday, September 01, 2012

PINS, PINS, PINS ... HOPEFULLY NO BLOOD

Weird post title eh?  LOL.... do you have any idea how hard it is to come up with a different title every day?  And I've done well over 2,000 posts now.. wonder if I've ever repeated a title?
Hmmm... sure in hell ain't gunna go back and check!

RIGHTY HO... today's endeavours will involve lots of PINS... see the title does make sense!  I am going to be spending most of today hand stitching the binding onto Emily's Quilt... and hoping like hell I don't stick myself too often with all the freakin pins that are holding the binding on!


ABOVE:  all ready to be stitched and FINISHED.

ABOVE:  for the first time ever, I made a label for the quilt too.  I need to make one more for this quilt ... giving the quilter credit too.  Yvonne Hodges (Karaka) does an AMAZING job!

I'm so proud of this quilt, it may seem a simple design but let me tell you, it involved hours and hours AND hours of work!  And took about 2 years from start to finish.

*** DOING A HAPPY DANCE *** it's the first day of SPRING!  Yaaaaa.... summer is coming.  Not that I particularly like being hot, but I am over struggling to get the washing dry!  And having the house closed up.   It will be so nice to fling open all the doors and enjoy the feeling of fresh air in the house.  Bring it on.

Now... I must stop procrastinating and get started on that freakin' hand sewing!


ABOVE: me and Miss Muppet yesterday, she's such a wee darling.  I'm a show off I know!  But I just love taking photos of her and I together.

ONWARD...

AWESOME, AWESOME NEWS TODAY.... Russell, Tess and the kids WILL BE HERE for Christmas!
OMG that is going to be the best Christmas present ever!  We finally get to meet our Aussy Grandkids!   96 days and counting.... they arrive in early December, and leave again early January.

2pm... and the hand sewing is almost done!
I just have to make the second label then sew it on, press the quilt and  IT'S DONE!   Yaaaaa.
Oh and I've only pricked myself 3 times!


ABOVE:  TOTALLY FINISHED.  So relieved.  This one has taken over two years to get finished!

Now I can relax and chill for a little while.  My thumb is killing me from the hand sewing.

It's been a hard day today.  First time in many, many weeks I have been feeling really down.  Cried for the first time in weeks too.  I won't go into WHY... just know I'm fine.  I am going to have a few drinks with the Darling Stewy and look forward to tomorrow ... and seeing lots of family here for Father's Day.  And pray no one upsets anyone.  So don't need any upsets.

End of Day:  it's midnight and I'm still not in bed.  I did some sewing...it helps with the mood.
Didn't get a 'nite nite' from a certain person tonight... which was upsetting.
But I will say it to you fullas!
nite nite.

13 comments:

  1. Hello beautiful ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whew your life is soooo busy! just caught up on the last few posts. Keera is really going to look like her mommie don't you think? And puppies!!!!! Gah wish you weren't so far away. I'd love to have a little dog.

    I LOVE the quilts and you can read your name on the first pic in case you want to mark it out. the quilts astonish me you are fabulous!!!
    I would love to hold that baby too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looked great too btw, Keera sure sleeps alot lucky and when sleeping she is growing!! For us spring is pollen sneezing coughing and hayfever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie she is... love the quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:48 PM

    Yay! Excdellent news...

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful Christmas you're going to have. You'll need a shoehorn to fit everybody in and then Steve & Bex's baby too!!!! I would love to there too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the quilt! It is gorgeous!!! And Kerra is so beautiful! Makes me so clucky!
    And awesome news to read that Russell and his family will be in NZ for Christmas! A whole month in NZ! How fabulous for you and all your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is awesome news about your aussie family comming for christmas chris..hows the hans sewing going ??? enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt is gorgeous Chris ... you have made such a beautiful job of it and it is obvious that a lot of love has gone into it too. I hope that Emily and her parents appreciate all the hard work you have put into this.

    Love the photo of you and Keera.

    Awesome news for you all that Russell and his family will be with you for Christmas. It's always lovely to have something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, you must be soo excited, Christmas is going to be awesome. ALL the family together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless you Chris, I hope no one upsets any one, "All you need is Love". It's what we all need and I don't know why people feel the need to hurt and upset.

    xxxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chris,
    I came over from the SiF Blog, and I'm your newst follower,
    your blogname rocks :-)
    The quilt you just finished is gorgeous and so is yor granddaugther.
    Bente
    Im in the giveaway blog hop, pehaps you want to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt is just BEAUTIFUL!! You did such a great job, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.