Sunday, March 18, 2012

TOUGH LUCK DOGS

I ran out of our regular dog food about 3 days ago.
And as I had some TUX dog biscuits in the pantry I decided to use them.  Prior to this, the dogs had refused to eat them at all.
Ummm... for hours neither dog would touch them... until they got REALLY hungry!
I'm happy to say they are now very reluctantly eating TUX dog biscuits!  lol


DOGS - 0
ME - 1 


Diabetes Type 2:  I'm not gunna 'do' anything about this until I see the Dr sometime this coming week.  I am CERTAIN I can turn it around with diet and exercise... but we will see what the Doc says I suppose.


Today: I'm going to walk on the treadmill UNTIL my back starts to hurt, then I will switch to the exercycle.  I am going to do 40 minutes sustained exercise today.  I AM.


And at some point today we have to go grocery shopping too... I am bloody thrilled at the prospect... can ya tell?   lol


I turned up the spa pool yesterday ... I'm hoping it's hot enough by tonight to get in and have a good long soak.  I'm sure that will help me back somewhat.


ONWARD... today is going to be better than yesterday.... for sure!


Well... I did my exercise, I didn't manage the full  amount of time I wanted, but it is a start.


Treadmill : 15 mins (incline 4, speed 4km/per hour)
Exercycle : 10 mins


I'm now going to have a spa, then shower, face on and off grocery shopping.


Lacy is coming to dinner tonight... Steve specifically asked if he could go get her?  He's trying to make amends for last weekend... which is nice.


Yaaa... groceries done for another fortnight.  And Steve is home now, so he gets to help bring it in and put it away.  Me... I'm sitting on me butt waiting for lunch to be served!  lol


Stew made me a lovely chicken salad sandwich for lunch.  We use a super grainy bread, so it's healthy.  We ain't cutting out all bread in this house.  


Steve has gone to pick up Lacy from across the city.  I just heard he got pulled up for speeding.... wish I was there to take a photo!  What a dick.  Kids eh?  They never learn.


DEE: yeah, me Dr said it was most likely nerve endings or fibres within the muscle crossing over and getting caught, and when I got the very bad spasms, it was just the fibres untangling again?  Either way, I hope it doesn't happen again!


DIANA:  I will speak to me Dr about your ideas.  I have not had THAT much heartburn of late, just a few bad attacks which I can pretty much put down to the food choices I made before I got the heartburn.  I should have known better.


ABOVE:  Lacy eating her pudding... and Teddy and Coco begging.   But they got none.


End of Day:  a nice day today.  
ON TRACK?:  Well yes!
nite nite.

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:44 AM

    I speak as a nurse, and I can tell you ICE, not heat is far better for your back. Get a large zip lock bag filled with ice and keep it on for 20, off for 20 min until the pain eases. NO HEAT- heat causes swelling. As for your exercise - 30 a day is fine. or 30 min in morning n 30 min in the evening. That's all you need to do. good luck...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe work up until 40 minutes, aim every day increase it until you reach that goal. Baby steps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hugs Chris just hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. About your dogs.. that itching they get and how they need the cones. I know you've looking into the feed as a possible cause, well I've come across a lot of this (in my podcasts and reading) regarding wheat in dog's food. Apparently it can cause terrible scratching problems. Does your dog food contain this? Just a thought, especially when I saw the poor things in those cones the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Days is giving great advice- Ten years ago I did the hour exercise - but now I am happy to do 30 minutes& now that warm weather is here I will try to go back to my Summer schedule of 30 minutes in the morning & 30 minutes in the afternoon.It takes me that long to walk up our hill & then back down. I wish I could walk on the highway -would be easier on my ankles but after almost getting run over by a dump truck -well, you get the picture.

    How wonderful that Lacy is willing to try dinner. "Maybe she just misses Mom's home cooking"? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:30 PM

    Good work on the exercise! Steve is awfully sweet to try making amends. Bex is a lucky girl but I suspect she knows that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your day yesterday sounds like a nightmare! I'm glad you're feeling better today. And despite what others may say I am a big believer in the therapeutic powers of warm water, so enjoy your soak in the spa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. funny, how getting REALLY hungry can make things look tastier =P

    I have some problems with my back hurting sometimes too. 2 things help me, -if I eat very little salt and drink more water and - a lumbar massager (one from Brookstone) in my chair when I sit.

    hugZ,
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exercise - damned if we do, damned if we don't.

    The big thing is to not give up but find a sustainable place. It sounds as though you are heading in the right direction.

    Hope all goes well for family dinner.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much better attitude with the diet lately, keep it up.
    Good luck with the back, hubbys was so bad last week that I had to put his shoes on for him. Unfortunately nothing can be done for him, some thing to do with nerve endings and holes.

    Hope dinner goes well for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, A Separation wasn't directed by Angelina Jolie. You are thinking of "In the Land of Blood and Honey"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that back pain has gone for good!! I'm sure the heartburn will be a thing of the past as well if you eat right :)

    Don't be fooled by the Diabetes Association telling you wholewheat bread is OK... I totally realise it is your choice and yes, what the doctors tell us to do!!

    Here is a quote from "Wheat Belly" by Dr William Davis MD.

    "People are usually shocked when I tell them that whole wheat bread increases blood sugar to a higher level than sucrose.1 Aside from some extra fiber, eating two slices of whole wheat bread is really little different, and often worse, than drinking a can of sugar-sweetened soda or eating a sugary candy bar.

    This information is not new. A 1981 University of Toronto study launched the concept of the glycemic index, i.e., the comparative blood sugar effects of carbohydrates: the higher the blood sugar after consuming a specific food compared to glucose, the higher the glycemic index (GI). The original study showed that the GI of white bread was 69, while the GI of whole grain bread was 72 and Shredded Wheat cereal was 67, while that of sucrose (table sugar) was 59.2 Yes, the GI of whole grain bread is higher than that of sucrose. Incidentally, the GI of a Mars Bar nougat, chocolate, sugar, caramel, and all—is 68. That’s better than whole grain bread. The GI of a Snickers bar is 41—far better than whole grain bread."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see the back improving a little, a big week for you with A shopping list of Dr's questions I'm sure ask for a frequent flyer card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bought this dog food called Science Diet.
    My dog wouldn't eat it. For days.
    Finally I bought some regular dog food.
    Dog 1
    Me 0

    I mixed it with the Science Diet, so I wouldn't waste it. The dog would take a mouthful from his bowl, drop it on the floor, and eat all the bits except the science diet.
    Dog 2
    Me 0

    I hope you have healthy blood and your back doesn't hurt. Nothing is more a pain in the ass than a pain in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you are on the right track to turn your diabetes around. Keep up the good work! Good for Steve for taking the high road and making an effort with Lacy. Even though he was speeding on that high road ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haven't stopped by in a while, as have been so busy. Sorry about the diabetes, and you sound like you are handling the situation well. Funny, about your dog eating the biscuits. My dogs would probably go for them too. Hope you are doing better soon!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jane Smith8:17 AM

    Here we go again...... Lynda on her soap box again!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.