Wednesday, January 04, 2012

LIBRA ADVERT

It's not often that I actually like adverts on the tv promoting 'feminine products' (well, I think it is inappropriate actually) ... but this one made me smile:



SADLY, this country is so damn PC, there are lots of people getting all offended by it.  What is wrong with this advert for goodness sake?  I hope they don't end up pulling the ad off the telly... cos then it would mean our country's advertising censors are nuts.
OPINIONS?
EDIT:  how typical.  They pulled the ad this morning. 


Sadly, today Stew and Steve have to go back to work... so it's just me and the kids for the rest of the week.  
I'm sure we will be fine... the weather is getting better now, so the kids can splash around in the spa pool to their hearts content.


ONWARD...


Thrilling activity this morning?  Dusting in my bedroom.  Yeee Gads, you should see it!  Disgusting!  I am horrified at how fast it accumulates.  And it's rained, and now it's stinking humid.... shit a brick I'm dripping!


DONE.  I room.  And I'm knackered.  It's still drizzling on and off, so it looks like an inside day for us.  


LUNCH!  Totally on track, geez I feel good... all that for 11 points.  


I woke up to the realisation that if I want it bad enough, I CAN DO IT.  I did it before, and I will do it again.  And FINALLY, FINALLY... I KNOW I want it badly enough.  AGAIN.
So that is why I am not going to fail this year.  It is NOT going to happen.  
And anyone who was feeling like me before... JOIN ME!  
It is totally up to YOU ... and only YOU can do it. But we can support each other, offer ideas, recipes, or a kick up the virtual bum if necessary!


ONWARD...


This heat is really getting to me.  We just went to the supermarket, and getting out of the car in the carpark was like stepping into a sauna!  The heat coming off the black tarmac, combined with the rain OMG.  By the time I got home I was literally ready to kill someone!  I hate being this hot and sticky.


Next thing to do was trim Teddy's neck hair, so when I put the Bark collar on him it actually zaps him when he barks.
His hair has gotten so long and dense the bark collar was not working, and he knew it!  Smart little bugger that boy:



 ABOVE:  he's in for a 'shocking' surprise next time he goes ballistic, which should be in about..... Ohhhh,  an hour and a half, when Steve gets home!  


HE ALWAYS barks then!
And when Stew gets home.
And when someone passes in the street.
And is he hears a strange noise.
And is he sees or hears a cat..... and so on!


It wouldn't be so bad if he only barked ONCE, but oh no, he goes on and on and on.  And he has this amazing high pitched screech that gets thrown in the mix too.  Drives everyone batty.


So, criticise me NOT for putting a bark collar on him...cos you don't have him in your house do ya?


End of Day:  We had a lovely dinner of pork chops, potatoes and veges.  I only had the pork chop with some apple sauce... didn't feel like veges or spud tonight.  AND the chop was worth so many points I wanted to keep the numbers down.
ON TRACK and rocking it!  Feels so damn good to be in control and so motivated to do well.
nite nite

21 comments:

  1. You know how it is, someone always has to be offended by something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLMAO!!!! Oh my gosh, that was such a funny ad! I really didn't see anything offensive about it...but that's how it goes sometimes! Thanks for sharing before it got yanked! :o)

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent ad - classic! I love the Libra brand as they donate money to the Ovarian Cancer research fund (my mum died of ovarian cancer)... xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:24 AM

    Saw the ad and didnt gouge my eyes out, That ought to be how it is censored, if I don't gouge, it goes on the air.

    Happy Dusting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had not seen the ad, nearly wet my knickers!
    Thanks for sharing

    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your country may be PC, but the US probably wouldn't attempt to show that. I thought it was hilarious!
    Woke up to below freezing temps this morning. Heat and humidity sounds kinda good. But I know I'd feel differently if I had to do housework in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the kids can still swim. Heck, they're going to get wet anyway! Get them out of your hair for a bit :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep we can do it.......not for anyone else, but ourselves. Love being control :)
    Your lunch looked Yummy.....we had fruit & yoghurt smoothies. :)
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love the advert and it is very clever and funny hopefully it is on youtube nad will go viral!! cause it needs to so that it shows the ad men they are WRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have u ever been to the ASB tennis centre. I went last year but the redevelopment looksawesomewith a pool on the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:29 PM

    i seen that ad on telly thought it wa a hoot what is wrong with them pulling it off ????

    please dont tell me it is that hot up there you'll put me off the proposed move i hate the heat/humidity

    I put my hands up to the bloggers weight loss/heathly food support dispite my surgery I still need help even more so in some cases

    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  12. gilly6:18 PM

    Hey Chris love the ad :)

    Re the weight loss, you inspired me at the beginning of 2011 when you blogged about re-joining ww and losing weight, though you got derailed, I stuck at it and 'lost' 25 'menopausal/over eating' kgs and didn't gain any over the silly season :) So if you want any recipes/support/ kick up the virtual bum let me know. I'll be happy to oblige.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I learned two new things.
    #1 - Safflower oil or safslim - or sunflower seeds all have the omega properties and if you can pull up Dr. Oz -he even investigated and said everybody should try it for 3 months because it takes away belly fat.

    Also, Chia seeds - they multiply a lot of different times to fill your tummy so you will not eat much. I even have a recipe :
    Chia Seed Muffins
    1Tablespoon ground chia seeds
    2 teaspoons soda
    1 cup sweet potato puree
    1 1/2 Cups whole wheat flour
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 C. of unsweetened applesauce

    2egg whites 1/2 cup agave syrup
    2teasp. lemon juice
    1 teasp. lemon zest
    1 Tablespoon vanilla
    1/2 cup of dried cranberries

    Mix all wet ingredients. In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients. Carefully fold the ingredients from the wet to the dry. Spoon the ingredients into greased muffin pan. Bake 15 - 20 minutes at 350degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tried everything to stop our female shepherd pup from barking but in the end had to resort to the zapper collar and it works a treat. As you say, don't knock it until you've had to deal with a dedicated barker!!

    Your lunch looked scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved the ad, also predicted when I first saw it the some lot would get their knickers in a twist.

    I need to join the weight loss bandwagon so count me in.

    Felicity, if you move up here I am sure you will cppe with the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll join the bloggers weight loss support group - I need all the help I can get.

    I was annoyed the ad was pulled, for heavens sake what's wrong with a bit of a laugh. Everyone should be able to laugh at themselves. It's not as if it was mean or unkind - just funny.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Go you!! I NEED to lose weight. Not doing another pregnancy fat. But yet I still cannot get motivated? Its freaking ridiculous! Hopefully something will inspire me eventually eh....

    ReplyDelete
  18. What does PC mean? I liked the commercial. I guess everyone agrees the "plain" girl was better looking than the "fancy" one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WHAT??? That was by far NOT the worst ad I've ever seen. And they didn't get into "flow" and "absorbancy" or anything gross like that like they do here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Politically Correct -
    That ad would not make it here in the US, but we do have a lot of 'girls' like that here in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am soooooo proud of you!!!!! Keep up the good work my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.