Tuesday, January 12, 2010

WHAT CAN I DO TODAY?

Sleep in.

Go to the Doctor's to get WINZ Form signed off.

Shop?


Not that many neat possibilities cos Stew still has to work! If he was home.. now that would have been awesome! We could have gone kayaking together, slept in together... ahhhh..... all sorts of things! (I will let your imaginations run wild there!)

As it is... I am loving the peace and quiet if nothing else... (HAZZEE, go to the post dated Thursday, Jan 7th, 2010 for what I put with me lamb shanks! Sorry Hazzee, I got the date wrong!)

ONWARD....


Just spent an hour at the doctor's.. as of today Griffin is OFFICIALLY a 'Disabled Child'. Don't know how I feel about that definition... but it does mean we will get some financial help towards his extra tuition and Psychological testing etc... and as every little bit helps.. I am not going to worry too much about the 'label'. Griffin does not need to know.... as I am sure it would hurt his feelings very much.

I have filled out all the forms... and now await an appointment with WINZ again... as it is not classed as URGENT... it could take up to a month! Oh well.... I wait. Quite used to that. It has only taken 3 years to get this far with getting help for the kid!

On a brighter note... Stew and I are going out this evening to the movies, to be followed by dinner.... Yipeeee!

End of Day: we saw "The Lovely Bones".. it was a very moving movie... even Stew liked it! We had a really nice evening together... now chilling out at home... before bedtime. nite nite.

7 comments:

  1. Just got back from holdday, enjoy the peace, it will be just what you need to recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, date night..that sounds fun. I'm a little jealous..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your date Chris and Stew!
    Thanks for the mention 4 the shanks, but i cant find it...10th Jan, 2009?
    Sorry im blind! i cant find it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your night tonight. I say good on you for getting the support you need for Griffin. It all helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're enjoying your holiday from the kids! You still have DAYS to go! Woohoo!

    I wouldn't worry about any labels for Griffin, as you say. As long as he's getting the help and assistance he needs to get through school and beyond then that's all that matters. Good work mum!

    k :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for all your efforts to get Griffin the help he needs. Don't worry about the label if this is what will help him. I hope your date night was fun, fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember with Griffin, the label means nothing - I have a nephew with a few problems and it just means he will get assistance and the help he needs (hopefully sooner rather than later). Those kids are just so damn lucky to have you in their corner.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.