Saturday, January 02, 2010

LOOK OUT THE WAIKATO...

We are heading your way!

Ok, we are going to Hamilton today.. it's Amanda's 31st Birthday... so we will go and spend some of the day with her, and check out our old stomping grounds. We lived in Hamilton for about 12 years before we moved to Palmerston North.. so it's a bit like 'home'.... Stew loves the place. Me, not so much! It's freezing in winter and stinking hot and humid in summer.

Hopefully the kids will behave today.. I don't think I could stand Griffin being an arse again today! With any luck his PSP will amuse him in the car.....

ONWARD.....


ABOVE: a short video I took yesterday at Devonport.


ABOVE: Breakfast. Stew made it. A Berry Smoothie, much nicer than the banana one I made yesterday. Not sure how many points ... it's got low fat yoghurt, milk, banana, weetbix, and frozen berries in it. Can't taste the banana much... very strong berry taste. AND THICK!

The Waikato was hot (as expected)... we had a lovely lunch at Chartwell Square (a mall ) and had a little tiki tour around before going over to Amanda's to spend some time with her. Kelly and Co came over too...

Amanda and Andrew are redecorating their home, and when I asked Amanda when she was going to strip the wallpaper in her lounge she said she just couldn't find the motivation... so...

I kinda found it for her! I ended up stripping the entire lounge... with a wee bit of help from:Gorgeous wee Rena! Not that she did much.. she freaked out at the noise it made coming off the wall. Oh well... I tried to teach her how to pull paper off the walls!


End of Day: another lovely summer's day , done and dusted. Off to cook dinner now. nite nite.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Chris!

    Sorry it took me so long to get here. I love the new look of your blog! You look amazing in your pictures, too!

    It sounds like you enjoyed the fireworks at midnight. My daughter and I were watching "My Sister's Keeper" when the illegal fireworks began going off in our neighborhood. I took the dog out for a pee and she went psycho on me.

    I promise to visit more often. Hope that 2010 is a great year for you and your family!

    liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Chris, Happy New Year. I love the new Header..you'll have to tell me how you did that. That smoothie looks yummy. Come on over to the states and we'll diet together..Lord knows I could use a fitness buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I registered and signed in! Happy New Year 2010. I hope it is a great one for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a brilliant technique for wallpaper stripping!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.