Saturday, May 09, 2009

AHHH... THE WEEKEND

I am dragging Stew across town today to have a look at the above sewing machine! It's a Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 870 Quilt... friggin long name for a lovely machine! I think I love it! Well HELL, IT'S BLUE... How could I not love it?

Apart from it's good looks, it's got an amazing array of stitches, and the longest 'throat' on a domestic machine available today. So, I will go look at it, drool over it and then... WAIT till we can buy it.

Also today we are expecting Amanda and her husband Andrew to visit.. is was originally only going to be Amanda, but now it's the two of them. No boys this weekend, they are with their father.

I suppose I really should fold up and put away all the washing that's piled up in the spare bedroom too.... *sigh*. That is one job I just hate and put off as long as I can. More often than not Stew does it eventually! I am such a bad wife! lol
We went to Howick, we hadn't been there before... it's about 15-20 minutes away from our house. Very nice little shopping centre:

ABOVE: this is the view from the main shopping street.... so nice.

ABOVE: The shop where I will be getting my new machine. The lady showed me how the machine worked, some of it's features etc. It really is Divine! AND they will give me free lessons, backup etc too. AND lend me a machine to use to 'practise' on until I can buy mine ... awesome service!

After literally dragging me away... we had a lovely lunch at Manukau and then came home. I'm going to do bugger all for the rest of the day... it's wet, cold and miserable out there! Perfect for snuggling up in front of the fire....
KRISSY: Like hell do I iron! I friggin HATE, HATE, HATE ironing! Stew does his shirts 80% of the time. Sometimes I do it ... but not often! Ironing is the PITS... I only iron if I absolutely have to... or I want something from Stew (smiles!).... works for me.
End of Day: visitors arrived... all is good. nite nite.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely machine! I hope your weekend works out well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always just put the washing away as soon as i get it in so much easier.... Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:56 PM

    Hi, Krissy here from Singapore. I have a question for you. One that I have wanted to ask for a long time. Do you iron. You always seem to be folding and putting the washing away. Man, I wish I could do that!! I iron and then put the ironing away! LOL!!! Don't tell me Stew does all the ironing!! What a man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new machine looks gorgeous. I bought a Janome MC3500. Now I need to remember how to sew!!!

    Ironing? Only if I have to. My lot were trained from an early age to do their own washing and ironing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris thats the machine I would like...I have a Husqvaran already and love it but the new Sapphire has a wider throat which will be better four quilting...how much are they over there in NZ? Hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate hate HATE ironing too...don't do it UNLESS I really really have too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sewing maching is awesome...maybe you could keep looking for one that also irons...LOL...I hate folding clothes and I hate tending to them...have fun with your company!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that sewing machine! My grandmother gave it to me. Mine is older of course,funny. Have a great day and go get that machine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of these days, I'm going to get a sewing machine and learn how to make costumes for the kids.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.