Friday, April 10, 2009

I'M FREEZING...

It's really getting cold here... freezing cold rain and wind.....well that was yesterday, today... not a cloud in the sky...but still cold!

Brrrrr.... but... I bet it isn't as cold as Palmerston North! I am so glad we don't live there anymore... it really is so much colder down there!

OH and before I forget... HAPPY EASTER.... but no bunnies around here !

SORRY ... I just couldn't resist... I WAS looking for a cute bunny pic... but this one just... APPEALED. LMAO (SLYDE, WHERE'S YA SENSE ON HUMOUR?)

Hopefully I will get a sleep in this morning... or at least a lie in...

Still no plans for going away or not.... but leaning towards NOT ... we just don't see the point in going that far to just sit in another house!

LATER.... OK ..it's later.. I'm finally outta bed and we are going out for a tiki tour/picnic... DESTINATION: unknown!
We decided to head North... hoping to get to Snells Beach for a look-see, but the traffic was DIABOLICAL so we only went as far as Whangaparoa Peninsula... where we had a picnic at one of the beaches there .. then we had a look around Gulf Harbour...
ABOVE AND BELOW... views back to Auckland from Gulf Harbour.
While out and about we came across a bloke selling fresh seafood on the side of the road .. so be bought some fresh flounder for dinner... YUM YUM!
End of Day: it's been a really nice day... and now... nite nite.

17 comments:

  1. OMG - I LOVE that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that pic reminds you of Easter? WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha - the picture made me laugh.....I agree with the just travelling to sit in another house is just a waste of time.

    I think the weather in Auckland is meant to be fantastic on sat- through Monday so maybe more sightseeing around your local area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, love the dog in that picture Chris.
    Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:54 AM

    OMG, my black labby Abbey looks so like this dog, my youngest (miss 9) just came in and said "That's Abbey, Ewwww did she eat another dog... No Bree she ate the Easter Bunny.... Needless to say she went running screaming all over the house telling the older two Mr 12 and Miss 15, they looked and cracked up laughing. Now Miss 9 is worried there will be no eggs come Sunday.
    Kym/Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great tiki tour today and a happy and safe easter!! I'm off to the parents house for lunch and all I had to make was a fruit platter.....easy!!
    Oh, and love the picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the piccy!! Hope that you have a great easter...wherever you end up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehe ...cute picture :-)

    Weather is cold and windy here as well. Spring should be back by the weekend, so it will be a sunny Easter.

    I do remember one Easter, when it snowed. We went out and hid Easter eggs for the kids anyway. Inbetween putting them out and going back inside for the kids, it snowed again, hard, and covered all the eggs up. The kids went outside, with their baskets and sand shovels and had a really good easter egg hunt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehehe love the pic!!

    Enjoy your tiki tour....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picture, Chris! If we can't laugh at silly stuff, we are doomed!

    Hope you have a Happy Easter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice for dinner. Looks like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey ya ol Tart... Hope you have a lovely break with the kids...
    I am sick atm with chronic toncillitis so lucky the kids are with thier dad or I would be even more miserable...
    I managed to finish one of those Cathedral patchwork squares... look me about two bloody hours to do one!! Looks good tho.. I bought some cute fat quarters to start a quilt for Jo .. but I reacon it will be for my first grand daughter...rofl...

    ReplyDelete
  13. that picture is hysterical. Sounds like a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome picture! I love fresh fish. Have a happy Easter and enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Easter.

    ...that doggy picture---gross!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too funny saw that picture last year. Ok how cold is cold, cause it still looks pretty nice to me. Have a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello

    Happy Easter!

    it is very cold in wellington!

    hope you have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.