Monday, March 02, 2009

NUTTING IT OUT...

It's me favourite day of the week again... I do so love MONDAYS.

So... I'm nutting out the pattern of Brylee's quilt... it isn't just "wham, bam, sew me up mam".... ha ha ha..! I have to work out what will go where, and what colours to use to connect all the blocks together....
Last night I drew up a 'mock' of the quilt... I want to link it all together with bright pink and white... hopefully I can work it out... OH HOLD ON... I can ask the TUTOR on Tuesday eh? LOL.... that will give her something to do!

TODAY:
- kids to school
- Stew to work
- Housework
- get as many blocks finished before tomorrow!

It's a bloody shame I can't walk on the treadmill or ride my exercycle while sewing eh? SUCH A SHAME.....*sob*

Not much happening around here.. I'm working on finishing all the blocks by tomorrow morning... don't know if it's physically possible... 50 in a week? Well, I'm giving it my best shot!

Going to pick up the kids in a hour our so... it's been so quiet today around here....

Did you know that there is STUFF all on daytime TV??? It's driving me nuts... Days of Our Lives/Jerry Springer... shit save me!
A proud moment today, both the kids came home with an AWARD... Griffin for always having a sunny smile and wonderful manners and Brylee for a great effort in improving her handwriting. Awwwwwww.
I'm really happy to say I do believe I will have all the blocks finished today! Only 4 to go! Me BUTT is killing me though!
End of Day: YAAAAA... I got all 50 finished... laid them all out on the lounge floor to get the sizing for the finished quilt sussed..AND.... DAMN! I need 4 more! So... I've cut out, sewn and pinned them, all ready to be hand stitched TOMORROW. I simply cannot do any more tonight, I am exhausted! nite nite.

14 comments:

  1. Isn't it great when you are really enjoying a project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite envious of your talents!! I can knit, sew a little but that's about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL it would be something, using needles while running, eh??

    You sound so much more chipper now. Bless you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you can get one of those old fashoined pedal sewing machines. lol!

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are liking you sewing projects....they are cute. I liked those tog bags you did a while back.
    Glad to hear Griffin will get the help he need in school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She better REALLY love this quilt, huh?!? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lyn, the well-known (heck, she's famous!) blogger at "Escape from Obesity," has been candid about her struggles recently.

    Lyn has been an inspiration to thousands of dieters, and right now she needs a little encouragement. Drop by her blog at escapefromobesity.blogspot.com and give her some support.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a cleaver chick you are! Can't wait to see the quilt once you've finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a clever thing you are! Can't wait to see the finished product... xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never really been a big fan of Monday, but I'm glad to finally know someone that loves the day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am "sew" impressed with you...keeping your treadle to the metal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That quilt is going to be lovely! Your a mean machine. Congrats on the kids awards. Looks like you had a nice weekend too.

    Yes I also knew it was a inner ear virus as I've had it several times before. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't nothing more as it did not want to go away and was not responding to meds. Better safe than sorry.

    Can't wait to see your quilt once it's finished. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to the kids on their awards. Do the awards come with any cash?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    Were you being sarcastic when you said Monday is your favorite day of the week? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.