Tuesday, May 27, 2008

STUFF TO DO.... PLACES TO GO

Today:

Kids to school, then meet with the Reading Recovery Teacher at school... Griffin has been given a place for special help with his learning... he's been getting help in the classroom for about a year already, but now he is being funded for more help which is fantastic. He may seem to be a bright little bugger, but when it comes to reading and writing he has a real problem.... just isn't 'getting it' at all....


Strange thing is he can pick up complicated Playstation/Wii games and instructions NO PROBLEMS! And he remembers so many weird and wonderful things... yet not letters/words/sounds. It's got me buggered. I hope they can sort him out.

After seeing the Teacher, I'm off home to do some more sewing... gee I'm so domesticated! I've cut out 4 blocks (all the same) so that's todays mission.

Watch this space, you've just gotta know I'm gunna show you when I've finished one!

Right, the meeting went well... the jury is out on whether Griffin has a real problem with his learning processes or HE SIMPLY DOES NOT WANT TO DO IT! I am of the opinion it's a combination of the two....the teacher does not think he has dyslexia as he has made SOME progress in the last 6 months. I am not too worried cos he is getting all the help he needs, and it will all fall into place for him eventually, it did for Brylee!

Now.. sewing.....
Well OBVIOUSLY I will be getting no prizes for perfect points, lines matching etc... but it is fun! I can't believe I am enjoying this so much... cos I fucken HATE sewing.... (there is no other word that expresses it the same you understand?) ... I am trying not to swear so much, I really am! Anyway, here's todays block:
I think it's very pretty.... and blue of course!
End of Day: nothing much happening around here.... getting the kids dinner soon, then just going to watch the telly, do some more sewing and hit the sack.
NSV: sewing keeps you away from the fridge, this is good. nite nite.

14 comments:

  1. Griffin sounds just like Chris he can not read or write but give him a PS2 game and no worries also he remembers the most bizzare facts as well. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. It amazes me when sarah needs to find something, she cant. But when its something she really wants it appears.

    Or cant follow directions explained 6 million times. But can remember a caomercial for ehr favorite item....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a thought, have they checked G for Dyslexia??

    Just a bit when I goggled it:
    Dyslexia is a learning disability that manifests primarily as a difficulty with written language, particularly with reading and spelling. Dyslexia occurs at all levels of intelligence; sub-average, average, above average, and highly gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:09 AM

    That's wonderful that Griffin is going to be getting some extra help... but, he's still pretty young so I wouldn't be too worried about it. Is Griffin more active than other boys? Our son has always been very hyperactive... he's always moving which is why we always have him in sports. He had a lot of trouble with reading and writing but everything clicked when he was 9 and he caught up and went beyond the other kids fairly quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Miss Chris,
    see if the school can have him tested for Dyslexia. No harm in testing him. Might explain why he has trouble with reading, if the words are moving around and get jumbled up then it doesn't make learning easy.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least the teacher/you are onto it and he wont be a statistic and fall thru the cracks, as you say he seems to be an intelligent lad, so he could get into it, maybe he will just click!!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know Chris, I love your blog, you make me smile, I always check in to see how your making out, and the fact that you still want a big honkin SUV makes me smile even more.
    Don't go changing on me, and thanks for checking out my blog, I do appreciate your visits and your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate sewing as well, what your doing looks very creative, maybe that's why your loving it. It's a pity these games people don't make more educational games for the kids,that way they wouldn't think they were actually learning anything

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes like the block, well done looks gd.

    You were allways partical to your blues.

    Thats gd that he is getting help with his reading and writing.

    So did you find the sizzers? he he.
    or you just ganna wax bet dad would like he he.

    Daughter #3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you, Chris, getting Griffin extra help. You're a great mom!

    On the PS2, it's probably using language he's already familiar with and he's focusing well. DOESN'T mean he'll be able to read another English text well and is making up problems. Hope they never had that attitude with you. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love what you have made, it looks great....

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL, liked the barbie doll/bratz poses, I'd break my neck trying to do that, lol. Glad G getting the help he needs.
    Your block looks nice, and I like the pattern, Definitely show us when you are done with it!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Griffin sounds totally normal to me... I LOVE THAT BLOCK! its fantastic!
    Hugs Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like your schools are well organized to help out the kids. As I recall boys love to play and hate to get down to work. Griffin looks to be in good hands.

    You're doing an amazing job on those blocks for the quilt. Anything that keeps one away from the fridge is a godsend. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    All the best for a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.