Thursday, November 09, 2017

STINKY NO MORE

Although it's getting better, the smell of puppies in the house/garage has been quite ... 'obvious'.
So I was trying to think of a way to mask the smell... cos puppies, well they poop in their pen fairly often eh?

And I remembered my Scentsy wax burner.  I  have it on the credenza by the front door, and often have it on.  It smells divine.

So... I decided to see how effective it would be in the garage.


 ABOVE: I set it up on top of the little freezer.
And OMGosh, it is fantastic!  No more smell... except for gorgeous blackberry!

I'm going to a Scentsy party next week, so will be getting more wax melts then.



 ABOVE:  The puppies in the cane beds.  They haven't used them till the last couple of days.  


 ABOVE:  Omg I hate having to use my phone's camera!  The image quality is utterly disgusting when you crop photos!  One week without my Canon... probably at least three to go.  *sniff*


ABOVE:  Look how much they have grown!  They are now 11 weeks old.  I need to make an appointment for them to have their next vaccinations soon, then they will be safe to take for little 'walkies' on public ground.  

That should be fun.  

Today?  No idea.  My throat is still sore, my sinuses are blocked and I just feel grotty.  So maybe I will do bugger all!

Time will tell.

ONWARD...

New noise to listen to in the house.  A bird has fallen into a wall cavity RIGHT BESIDE MY LOUNGE CHAIR.... and it will flutter and scrap and try to get out... till it dies.

Ikkk.

I COULD cut open the wall and get it out... but I'm not going to do that!  Far too much hassle and expense involved doing that. 

What I am going to do is NEXT year, before the birds start building nests under my roof, I'm going to put gutter guard up.  That way they can't get under the bloody roof to begin with.

I won't have bird shit all over the concrete and outside furniture either.  Wish I'd thought of it before this season's bird breeding started.

So... I got bored sitting here feeling ikkk.  
So I did something I've been thinking of for a little while.
I found a new place to put my car.


ABOVE:  Usually it sits right there, on the driveway in the boiling sun all summer, and every time I get in it I die instantly from the heat.

So, I moved it:


ABOVE:  I put it under the plum trees.
That involved moving the fence and gate.  I only had to dig out one post to get it there, but obviously we will move the entire fence soon.

I was amazed to find the post wasn't even concreted in!  So not too hard to dig out and move after all.  

Griffin is off to school shortly for an exam.
Brylee and I will be going out around 2.20, me to get the puppies immunised, and her to shop in the Warehouse, before picking Keera up from school.

I was pleasantly surprised that I could get the puppies into the vet today!  I've opted not to get them micro chipped today, I feel they are too small yet for that...  It's horrible!

Well the puppies did well at the Vets, no problems at all.  Darn expensive business when it's 2 puppies!

I've spent several hours today checking out camera lenses.  Mind boggling choices I must say.  I have not been able to narrow it down yet, but I know I have to at some point.
Perhaps talking to the man in the shop will help.  For now, I think I better stop!

Bloody tired.  Looking forward to a quiet evening and a decent bedtime.

10 comments:

  1. Try some hay fever tablets Chris. Red Fiori me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should have read Worked for me!

      Delete
  2. Smart thinking with the car :-).

    Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever thinking re your car ... but just be warned, bird poop can be a problem when parking so close to trees (I speak from sad experience. My car used to get coated at work by the birds from one not that big tree - and I was forever having to wash it so the poop didn't damage the paintwork on my car). It might be easier to get those foil window shades on your car that reflect the heat off the car. Your puppies are so cute. I hope that you're feeling heaps better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My car is black, a foil window thing makes no difference to how hot it gets inside sadly. I will keep an eye on the bird poop thanks.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9:55 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:57 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ANON: You are a wanker! I have your ISP address. I know you live in Auckland. Cyber bullying is a 'thing' that can be reported you know. Get your facts right ... Lacy doesn't even LIVE here you fucked up twat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever thinking car parking and scents Y candle I love the puppy tepees. Have missed reading all the days eventd

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:32 PM

    Sorry about your anonymous wanker.

    The puppies are cute enough that even a bad camera doesn't spoil it for me :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.