Sunday, March 16, 2014

ANOTHER CRAP WEATHER DAY

Seriously shitty weather out there today, a re-run of yesterday really.  At least it's not cold.

I stayed up really late last night... wasn't tired.  Probably down to having a nana nap after lunch yesterday... and being totally idle.

I hope my energy levels get back to normal soon... it's a pain in the arse not having any energy.

I took a few photos last night of my sewing area... AGAIN... cos I want to see just how much bigger my new machine is compared to Lemony.  I am sure it's physically bigger.
Time will tell.
I've also put my mobile side table in the sewing area, it gives me just that much more 'bench top' area to work with. (it's the one with me diet coke on it)  It amazes me just how much bench/table room I seem to need.


ABOVE:  My 'happy place'.  That is not LEMONY, it's the loaner.  I am never seeing Lemony again.  What. A. Relief.

It took me over 4 years to give that machine a name!  Now... I am already thinking of a name for my new Brother Dreamweaver!

Any ideas?  I am still drawing a blank.

I have one thing on my mind today, and that is to get back to my Dresden Plate Quilt!
Everything that made me put it aside is done, so ...

ONWARD...

Sheesh, almost forgot!   I've lost 7.65 kilos since January.  Fairly happy with that, though I think a couple will be from being ill for 24 hours.

Stew and I just did the grocery shopping.  And as per usual, we did a guess each on the total before entering checkout.
I guessed $701.00 and Stew guessed $720.00.
I WON.  It was $700.16.  I was only out by 84 cents!  

It's all home and away in cupboards/fridges/laundry etc, so now we can sit down and relax for the afternoon.

At some point I am going to whip up those 'blanks' for my new machine, then get on with my Dresden Plate quilt.  I have now realised if I don't get it finished before getting my Brother Dreamweaver, I will have to finish off my quilt with another decorative stitch, or one that is hopefully very similar to the one I've been using with Lemony.  I don't think that will matter too much... hopefully.

CHRISTINE:  you must have plain malt biscuits/sweetened condensed milk and soft lollies where you live surely?   Send me your address and I will send you some Eskimo lollies, so you can then compare them to what is available where you live. ( stewandchris@hotmail.com )

***  Anyone else who wants me to do that, just ask in an email, and give me your address. ***

Seems a few people have been able to find Pascal Eskimo sweets at Woolworths and IGS shops in Brisbane.  So they must be around in Aussy!  Hunt in ya International aisle.  For UK/USA I will send you some if ya want.  Just email me.

We had a lovely afternoon playing cards and snacking... then I kinda fell asleep for a while, and now it's dinner time!

Whoops.  Another night where I won't be tired at bedtime.

End of Day:  well it's been a thoroughly lazy kind of weekend... got bugger all done, but so what?  No one cares if the vacuming didn't get done, or the clothes are still waiting to be folded and put away.  It's another day tomorrow.
nite nite

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:18 AM

    Congrats on the loss. Well done. Kate444

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Name Heaven Scent, Pure Bliss, you could get a sleepout room just for your sewing area it is getting bigger!! Still nicely raining here no wind ( high wind) bouts of heavish rain but not torrential. Warm and muggy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, that is a good weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your weight loss. You are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new machine might like being called DREAMY . Much better than LEMONY. I tried to find the ingredients to make LOLLY CAKE. No such luck. I guess there is a reason it is a NEW ZEALAND specialty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG all I want now is lolly cake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris ill check out what aussie products can be used to make lollie cake and let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:03 PM

    I found pascall Eskimos in my local Woolworths store in Brisbane and found a different brand in my local IGA store. Thought you could let your Aussie people know. Just have to make them now. Thanks again for the recipe. Congrats on the weight loss, great results.
    Kym/Australia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:41 PM

    You can send me Eskimo lollies.... !!!
    Kate444

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are feeling better! Crappy weather is great crafting weather!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok I saw paradise brand malt biscuits and nestle condensed milk and woolworths today. I could find a substitute for eskimos but I have seen eskimos at my local iga. Ill keep an eye out and keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made your lollies roll with multicolored marshmallows. Everyone loved them. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Chris hope your doing well. I've been feeling pretty crappy as of late so it's been a bit since I checked in with your site. What a great room you have for your setup ! I've just recently built a room for my photography.Sorry to hear your weather has been so bad. Our weather hasn't been so hot either, 30cm of snow the other day and were suppose to be headed into spring! Anyway cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Chris hope your doing well. I've been feeling pretty crappy as of late so it's been a bit since I checked in with your site. What a great room you have for your setup ! I've just recently built a room for my photography.Sorry to hear your weather has been so bad. Our weather hasn't been so hot either, 30cm of snow the other day and were suppose to be headed into spring! Anyway cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.