Monday, July 04, 2011

AWWWW, SADLY HEADING HOME TODAY

I have loved visiting here in Palmerston North, spending lots of time with my friends, Mike and Joyce... but it's time to go home.

*sniff*

It will be nice to get home too though, it's so much warmer in Auckland... and I miss the family and spa pool!  NOT cos of any grubby reason either!  It's just so nice, warm and relaxing. 

I took a few photos of Anne's new dog last night too:

ABOVE:  meet Baylee, she's a Golden Retriever/Poodle cross... and is 5 months old... a ball of mischief!  But so adorable!

ABOVE:  she loved sneaking into the dining room whenever she could for a 'hello, how are ya?"... lol.

TODAY:  I think Chris D and I are going into town again for a browse around George Street... there's some lovely specialty shops there that I want to check out again.  AND I want to photograph the shop my cards are going to be in too... it's on George Street too. 

ONWARD...

Another lovely day!  Went into town with Chris D and did a wee bit of shopping... checked out the local Hospice Shop where I used to work... said 'Hi' to the manager who remembered me.  Bought a couple of old necklaces to use their beads on other stuff.  Had a nice lunch then went out to the airport where we hung out with Mike and Joyce until I flew out.  Anne also popped in quickly to say 'Bye' before she had to go sign an employment contract!   She has just got a job after being self employed for about 8 years and recently widowed as well. 

ABOVE:  I got to keep an eye on the plane's engines again... *smiles*

ABOVE:  I got to see the other side of the island on my way home today... this is Mt Taranaki... sadly it was a much more hazy day today so the photos are not as good as I hoped.

ABOVE:  More of Mr Taranaki.

ABOVE: heading over the Manukau Harbour (Auckland)... awesome sky!

I was met at the airport by Steve and Co... it is nice to be home again! 
Stew has arrived home early from work and is right now cooking our dinner!  I think we are having pork spare ribs and veges.  Yum.

End of Day:  I'm signing off early as once I've had dinner and a spa I am going to bed.  I'm tired!  Very busy few days.  LOVED IT.  Chris D thank you so much for having me.  XX
nite nite.

8 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip home! Hope you take more pics from the plane! The first batch was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely after living there and having friends you would have to be pulled a little in both directions. That has to be hard-friends are so important to us humans.

    Congrats on your card- the is most excellent!I hope they like them as much as I love mine! : )

    Wonder if you will have your new spa when you get home - OR - maybe somebody plucked it up with their "crane" and took off with it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful weekend, happy flying home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time! Baylee is a cutie too. I'm glad your cards are getting the spotlight in other stores, that's exciting! Hope your trip home is/was safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:25 PM

    Have a good flight! Glad you had a great time!!...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see Mt Taranaki looking gorgeous enjoy your spa and feet up I think mitre 10 have DOUBLE rail wooden towel rails I saw them online!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow and adventure! So much fun so little time. Safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A goldendoodle! Those are all the rage around here the last few years.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.