Monday, August 02, 2010

PATCHWORK TODAY...

Today at Patchwork Class I am finally going to make a start on my 'Noah's Ark' baby quilt. I have someone in mind for this quilt... but right now it's still a 'SECRET' .... just a couple more weeks and I will be able to tell you who!

While I really love making the cards, it will be nice to do some 'real' sewing .... lol!

ONWARD... well I'm back from Patchwork... I spent the entire time cutting out just the Rhino/Hippo/Parrot/Butterfly block pieces! This quilt is going to take AGES to complete!

Tis lunchtime... off to get something to eat...

YIKES ... where has the day gone? I have been busy doing housework, card making, getting dinner on (casseroled lamb chops in a thick mint sauce)... and now.... almost time to put the veges on too.

Seriously, I am just not finding time to read blogs right now... forgive me and I hope to be able to get back into the swing of it soon. There is just not enough hours in the day for me right now.. I am totally focused on getting the Whitianga order done, and now I also want to work on the baby's quilt too. *sigh*

End of Day: and I'm tired but sooooo happy! I have finished the first 100 cards for the Whitianga Order... only 150 to go! AND I am still loving it... which is saying something cos I usually get bored doing the same thing over and over again... but as each card is original and not a copy of any other.. it's fun, and that's what life is all about. Living, loving and having fun... and doing no harm to anyone else in the process! lol

nite nite.

12 comments:

  1. That little quilt is just too stinkin' cute! And I love the little bluebird sitting on the alligator's nose! ;o)

    Whomever receives your quilt be a lucky baby, indeed!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the quilt when you're finished with it. I bet it will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O Chris,

    That little quilt is just "eat up with cute!" You must be feeling , just plum eat up with ambition! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew I'm all caught up! 19 posts lol. You're a busy little blogger! This not having a desk at work is really cutting into my blog reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleased to see some of the PHD are coming back out to be PFD(projects fully done)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY that anonymous baby is gonna be stylin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, that is going to be fabulous!!!! Whoever receives your quilt will be one lucky baby!
    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:00 PM

    Hey Chris

    What a fantastic quilt - any clues who might be the lucky person??

    Maybe you can run a guess who it is post?

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amanda9:16 PM

    Blast so I cant steal this one either... NUTS! :)
    It looks very boyish.... :P
    Still very cute tho....
    "Smiles"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been wanting to learn patchwork for the longest time! I so envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great philosophy of life you have there Chris. "Living loving and having fun and doing no harm to anyone else." Words to live by!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.