Sunday, June 27, 2010

BEFORE AND AFTER:

Yesterday my girlfriend Michele came to visit... this WAS Michele a few years ago:



And this is Michele after having Gastric Bypass Surgery:

She looks amazing, and so gorgeous! I can't help feeling jealous! I lost all my weight only to struggle to keep it off.. and then gain so much back again. It is a constant battle with MYSELF... one that sometimes I feel all gung-ho to beat... and sometimes I just feel so tired and over it all... I wish it was not so hard.

Anyone who has NEVER had a weight problem can have no idea just how hard it is. But I know this.. I know how wonderful I felt when I was a 'normal' weight... and I want it back again. I feel like crying right now... cos no matter how much I want it.. if the mind is not in the right place, it is not going to happen. And I do not have the option of having surgery... and even if I did... I doubt I would do it.... I have such a high risk of surgical complications it is not worth dying for.

I reckon being alive and overweight is better than being dead eh? lol

Today.. shopping with Amanda, Lacy, the kids and Stew. Sylvia Park today....

ONWARD.... we have had a very interesting morning! Amanda and Lacy wanted to go shopping...

So we all went to Sylvia Park Mall.. where they shopped like true professionals! I am so proud of them... ha ha ha! They bought toys for Huston Joel, Brylee and Griffin... shoes for all the kids too.... and also:

WOULD you believe... a sapphire and diamond set for me! WOW....!!!!

I have never been taken shopping by a kid of mine before.. it was a novel experience! They ALSO bought Stew and I new sneakers... and they dragged Stew into a menswear shop and got him a lovely shirt and tie .... we got spoilt!!!

Luckily for their wallets the kids got bored and started nagging to go home... so after having lunch we did.

Now it's time to relax for the afternoon...

End of Day: finally all visitors are gone... had a quiet evening getting more card and fabric ready for sewing..... watched a bit of telly... now time to head off to bed. nite nite.

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:35 AM

    People who love you, love you for who you are, not the package! I need to lose about 50 lbs myself and it is hard. ...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,

    I'm right there with you. It is very frustrating and sometimes downright sucky. I can't always follow all the "food tricks" I've been taught...stop and think before you put it in your mouth!

    I think that as long as we eat healthy stuff, don't binge on the bad stuff, and get out for a walk every day, we are doing the best we can right now. Things may change in the future and then we can tweak our thinking a little and take the next step.

    I hope getting out made you feel a little better. You have so much to offer with your creativity and wonderful sense of humor. Please know how many smiles you put on faces every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! She does look fantastic!

    Chris, I totally know how you feel. I am right there with you. Everyday, and I do mean EVERY SINGLE DAY is a struggle for me. I beat myself up over having a splurge every once in a while, and I am never happy with what I've lost so far. I am down 65lbs. right now, and I am convinced that one of these days I will wake up and it will be all back and more. I hate never being comfortable in my own skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awh Chris your such a an amazing woman. Being alive is definitely better! Just keep hanging in there. I understand the frustration myself. i think your wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes that is true perhaps a PERSONAL trainer that cracks the whip? even twice a week?Your friend looks amazing and she will now live longer because of her decision on surgery no doubt, so balancing living longer with happy and overweight it is WHATEVER YOU as the person feel more comfortable with eh I suppose.BUT people can live healthily and be overweight (gosh according to DOCTORS charts we all should be blimmin size 8 - 10 THAT in my opinion is unnatural and unhealthy!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend Michelle looks awesome and I can understand your love for her acheivement but sorrow for your own gain...been there myself and believe me only way I could have afforded my surgerry was from selling the house.

    BUT BUT BUT darling you can do this take one day at a time remember how great it felt when u organised that awesome weekend for the blogging family getogether. walk that first lamppost if to wet and icky as it is most everywhere at present go to the mall walk around the mall leave your purse in the car and keep your eyes firmly on the prize and that prize is your health
    I know it is hard but baby steps and look at what u will be missing if u stay unfit and unhealthy. You love your kids you love your grandkids.
    Dont get mad with yourself hun u r human but get well again soon.

    luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris, your friend Michelle does look wonderful - she is very lovely! And I know that you are happy for her with her weight loss. It is so easy to beat yourself up; but don't. Remember, it's not just about losing weight - it's a life change and it isn't going to happen overnight, as much as we'd like for it to. (I know because I need to lose 50 lbs myself - per my doctor - and it is so damn hard!) Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and each day get up and say to yourself, yes, I can do this today. Of course you will have obstacles along the way and may take a step back here and there, but I know that you are a very determined woman and YOU WILL MAKE THIS HAPPEN! And, despite what you see when you look at yourself, you are a very beautiful woman and should be damn proud of who and what you are!

    Okay, stepping off the soap box now.... have a great day with your friends and family!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend looks great! I have a friend who had GBS also and it's no easy fix. You still have to watch what you eat or it will all come back. You can stretch your stomach right back out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michele looks fabulous. I'm sure you'll find a weight you can maintain one day. Don't you cry about it. And don't give up. I will NEVER be able to know the pain you guys go thru'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful necklace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great that your kids brought you such a beautiful gift. :-))))
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:39 PM

    Damn!!!! I was at Sylvia Park this morning too! Damn and bugger - if I'd known I would have sent you a text to meet up! You got spoiled alright - I made do with getting my ear pierced and buying clothes for my daughter... and bargains at the $2 shops!

    Your friend Michele looks awesome - in fact, hardly recognised as the same person! Wow!! Back into it tomorrow - weekends are so hard!

    Kate
    (kittie444@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to tell you... I find it encouraging that Michelle isn't MODEL THIN and looking 30 years younger like the diet ads show. She looks healthy and balanced and very happy.

    A wish for both of us. I do understand. I removed all my older photos; you are braver than I am and my hat is off to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could call ya a spoilt tart but as my son has also NEVER bought me a gift I know how special this is to you and spaphire to boot

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear you! It's very frustrating when those kilos won't shift. I got down to 88kg, and that's where I stopped. I did put on that 2 kg last weigh in, but according to my old bomby home scales, I am back to 88! Frustrating!

    It was lovely of the girls to spoil you. You both deserve it! And that jewelery set is stunning, isn't it? very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your friend Michele looks amazing. I don't think I would be brave enough to have surgery and, like you, would rather carry those extra pounds and live than die of complications. Keep the faith that we'll both figure out our weight demons and get over to the other side healthily.

    Glad you got spoiled. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.