Tuesday, May 05, 2009

OH DEAR, THEY ARE GUNNA HATE ME!

At Patchwork Class today, the ladies will STILL be tracing out the pattern and getting ready to cut their material into tiny pieces.... and I will turn up with this:

My own Seahorse "Leadlight" Wall Hanging... all but finished! I have to do the edging and put some black detail on the seaweed, but I think that's all! And the best thing? No one else will have a Seahorse, they are ALL doing Dragonflies over a green background.

THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN! Now what people? Finish my Star Quilt me thinks!

This afternoon the kids start swimming lessons... I hope they enjoy it! They both love being in the water... but can't swim to save themselves. Hopefully by the end of the year they will be able to at least dog paddle!

AND I am happy to say I am doing great with the DIET... on track, hoping for a decent loss this week.

ONWARD....

So, I'm the most hated person at Patchwork Class... I mean really!

I waited till they were all doing their tracing out of the pattern then asked the Tutor to give me directions on how to put the binding on mine.. and that's when they all saw mine.... and .. ummm.... there was this silence.... like really, really quiet. I felt awful.

The Tutor was fine with what I had done... not a problem. But I could feel the daggers in my back! She proceeded to tell the class that what I had done was just fine, that there were several ways to do it, and mine was one of them. So I didn't feel so bad. And one of the ladies ('S') is coming around after class to get my seahorse pattern cos she wants to do it now instead of the Dragonfly. NEAT.

I am now going to have my vege soup for lunch and watch some telly! .....

Still on track... it really is an hour by hour thing! Sometimes I feel really stong (like I can do it) and the next minute I feel like caving in and having something yummy! But, I am hanging in there!

I had two patchwork girlfriends call in this afternoon for a cuppa and to pinch me Seahorse pattern. That was nice. See... I am making friends! Even if they do hate me....lol! (they don't really, I'm sure) Oh and Teddy was the host with the most... he threw up right beside 'L'... nice one! Looks like he has been eating carboard! Stoooopid dog.

End of Day: an awesome day. Kids loved their swimming lesson... more about THAT tomorrow. Going to do a bit more sewing this evening and watch Coro Street. NEAT. nite nite.

29 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so pretty! :)

    I'm glad the diet is going great for you! Hope you have an awesome loss this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talentd Chris! They are going to drool over your seahorse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Just love that - it is so pretty! I thought you were not going to do the fiddly black lines??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say again. That is an awesome design.

    Aren't you glad you followed your heart rather than the boring old dragonfly? Of course you work so quickly you will probably have time to do a dragonfly as well before they are finished

    ReplyDelete
  5. That seahorse is just gorgeous/awesome....like the woman who designed and made it :)
    Brilliant ..just brilliant :)
    Best wishes on the swimming lessons....I am sure they will be able to do more than dog paddle at the end of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why dont you start a business and make quilts to order??? Im sure you would do very well. The seahorse hanging is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great...But I must say girl... you are too bloody impatient!! The idea of stainglass patchwork is the looooong hours put in to get the finish... not start one day and have it finished in the week.. haha
    I do like it tho..even if you did cheat.... haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, I wish I could have lost more weight before I got pregnant. This is the biggest I've every started out as being pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the seahorse, you have done a great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it Chris! You did a great job on it!
    and yes I love reading your blog and other people cursing on theirs doesn't bother me in the least if its kept to a minimum! yours is just fine;))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss C, If your kids are doing dogpaddle by the end of the year, sack the teacher!!! They should be atleast doing basic freestyle and backsroke. I use to own a swim school a few years ago. Once they get their faces in the water they are away!
    Love your seahorse, honey. I can't even thread a needle..LOL
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt looks great Chris. Good on you for sticking with your diet and feeling good about it. It's a great feeling when your head's in the right space.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it!!!! It's an absolutely great design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ok what will it take to get you to make me a seahorse???
    that is so totally freakin awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is gorgeous! What lovely work. You are a true talent. Kudos on the diet. I know its hard. You go, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep - I'm envious of your talents as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all...I haven't stopped laughing since your comment on my blog...that was choice...I may have to make a post out of that....so good! Then...it must feel A W E S O M E to be THE BEST in class!!!! That seahorse is da bomb baby! Congratulations on that and your diet...cool...I have got to get myself back to W.W. because it is coming back on QUICK! Scaring me big time.....Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL on Teddy puking next to the lady! Leave it to the dog to make everyone feel welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love your seahorse!!
    I want one!!

    You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  20. girl, that seahorse is a cracker! it looks bloody fantastic! no wonder all the others are jealous! Right on!

    Poor Teddy! I hope he was okay. Nothing like a good barf to impress people!

    And thanks for the soup idea! I made some yesterday and it is positively beautiful! Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome seahorse picture! So what if the ladies ave a problem with it!
    What do you chuck in your soup? I had a go at making vege soup and it was awful..really aweful!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yea...and i have a cat that eats cardboard too lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. That seahorse is just awesome. Can you take a closeup so we can see the zigzag?

    I'm looking for a sewing machine that is good for patchwork/quilting ... thanks, in no small part, to you!! You may get the odd email appeal for help!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So jealous they were speechless!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow is is looking great. Can't wait to see it finally finished...

    ReplyDelete
  26. That quilt is absoloutely gorgeous !!!!

    Will catch up with the rest later this afternoon .... life has been a tad busy and I've been tired :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your seahorse turned out absolutely beautiful! No wonder the others in class were stunned speechless! They were in awe of your creativity. Way to go, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just love the pattern. I'm sure they all love you at the quilting class. Looks as though you have been super busy these past few days. Keep warm and keep strong. Good luck with the next weigh in.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.