Thursday, February 19, 2009

HUNTING DOWN LAVENDER...

Yep, I shall grow my own lavender... thanks for that! But for NOW.. I need to find some already dried eh? LOL....

TODAY:

- kids to school
- hunt down lavender
- finish dem little bags...

Not much else to report right now...

Oh hang on.. I have a really sore little lump in me neck... so I'm going to the doctor today too. Had a sore neck right down to me collar bone for days, it was kinda tender and swollen, but now it's just this one place with a nasty little sore lump (and NO, it ain't a bloody pimple!)... so I better get it checked out I suppose. *sigh*

ONWARD....

I made these two last night..pretty? MUCH.... (hate me later for boring you with patchwork..OK!

Pfffffft, can't get in to see the Dr till 5.30 tonight... so will just sew I suppose! Havn't tracked down any lavender yet... been sewing and listening to me Dixie chicks DVD in the garage... probably driving the neighbours nuts. Such is life! lol


This one got made this morning.... I feel like every one I make is nicer than the last one!

ABOVE: This afternoon's effort, I made 4 like this, and think I will incorporate them into a quilt for Brylee... they are just so darn pretty.

Stew, (the Darling) has come home early so I don't have to drag the kids to the Doctor's with me! AND he's going to get dinner (takeaways!).... yaaaa.

MELLISA: I doubt you could send me your lavender (BUGGER) due to quarantine issues, but THANK YOU SO MUCH for the offer!

End of Day: been to Dr... will yak about that tomorrow. Tired and grumpy.... going to sit on me bum and sew! nite nite.

22 comments:

  1. Hi Chris, I am in awe of your broad artistic tallents. The squares are lovely.... Never boring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is well at the doctor. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous, Chris,

    Good luck with the doctor. And the lavender hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing lavender is a great idea! We've got lots around our place, they need full sun - all day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool blocks I like the one on the right the best. :)
    I hope the lump is nothing... keep us posted!
    HUGS Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:52 PM

    Wicked Chris. It's so good to see you so happy. Hey what about lavender oil .. a few drops on the batting is just as good as the real thing? Otherwise there are lavender farms in Ashhurst and Woodville .. they might send you some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those are soooo gorgeous! Good luck with the doc.

    Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you send lavender through the mail?? I have a huge bush in my garden!! Let me know and I will send it to you!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you can buy lavender from some chemist shops like potpourri pouches or bags. I think the last lot I got was from Briscoes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are very clever Chris. I love the last ones in the pink tones.

    I hope everything goes well at the doctor. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the top pink and green one best, that's awesome! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the squares chris very cute
    I have a lrge bush of lavender but wont be able to give it to you till sunday let me know if you still want some
    hope the docs went well and the lump isnt nasty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how pretty, i like the pink ones to they are cute......

    maybe you can make sum for your newest granddaughter.

    Daughter#3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sewing too at the moment. I find I don't get hungry when I am sewing! Your little squares are gorgeous.
    Hope your Dr's visit went well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could send you some lavender, we have heaps at home and I always think i should so something with it!
    Posting it up north is not what i had planned but if you need some you can have it.
    email me if you want some
    charmainemeyers at yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did the doc go?? hope you ok.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How much do you need??

    I have a huge bunch of dried stuff from the centrepieces at our wedding.

    Can definitely post nationally.

    Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope all went well with the doctor! I was just thinking - you have made so many of the squares that you could almost have a quilt by now! They are beautiful, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the patchwork. The chicks are one of my favorites as well. Hope you get good news from the Doctor. Waiting to hear all about it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I ♥ the blocks with the heart and the one with the butterfly..."sew" cute!!!!! I hope the lump is really just a zit and nothing to worry about.....keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Don't take this the wrong way but that center shot looks like...well lady parts. Where you going for the Georgia O'Keef effect?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh they are very pretty - and did I see right, some even have NO traces of blue - who would have thought? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.