Friday, January 02, 2009

PHOTO MONTAGE

YESTERDAY, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
Leaving the pier heading for our 1.5 hr cruise
The Uylesses, the most expensive privately owned Super Launch in New Zealand, owned by Chris D's Boss!!! ($50 million !)
Westhaven Marina, and in the background the Auckland Harbour Bridge.
Under the bridge!
See the red arrow? Dat's where you can bungy jump from! NO THANKS MATE!!! Maybe when I'm 90 yrs old and it doesn't matter if I die of a heart attack doing it.

Me and my darling... and LOOK! I'm friggin smiling!


Griffin just loved being on the boat.... from this low he could get his hand wet from the wake.... just!

Would ya look at that? I'm STILL smiling!



The ferry docked at Rangitoto Island, and you could get off for a few minutes... that's the wharfe in the background.




The members of our little group who GOT OFF! ha ha ha

Me 'resident hunk'




Our little POSER... Ashley... LOOK OUT RACHEL HUNTER!!!!


Griffin and Shelley.... getting windswept.


TWO LITTLE TARTLETS.


Chris D taking a photo.... and me taking a photo too.

I'm sure I've already got him on... but he's so cute.


A really cool sculpture at the bottom of Queen Street.... fire and water. Awesome.


Getting his confidence in the water... this is called an 'action shot'... ha ha ha.

On Devonport beach.... "Look out Kate Moss....." just look at those legs!

Dad said 'NO' you can't swim in your knickers.

PHEW... wasn't that fun?

TODAY:

My eldest child (Amanda) turns the big 3-0 !!! Shit I feel old!

Chris D goes home... boo hooo.... it has been wonderful having her here.

Shelley and Ashley go home this afternoon, back to Melbourne. Hopefully they are coming out to see our new home before they leave.

After all that? Well if it's sunny I am going to lie in the sun! NO OTHER PLANS YET....

whoops! Almost forgot to do me End of Day: Shelley and Ashley did come out, we had a lovely visit/lunch then Stew and the kids took them to the airport.

Rest of afternoon was spent just lazing around, catching up on some zzzzzz's.... has rained most of the day... very hot and humid now... sticky. Bloody mozzies are out in force too... hate them! Must get more flyspray.... nite nite.

28 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so jealous of your sunshine, boat ride, and swimming pool. It's cold, snowy, and dark here. Looks like you all had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful scenery! Looks like the most fabulous vacation time ever!

    You know, usually I hate sculptures, but I have to admit that one was kewl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a wonderful day out!! :-)

    I know what you mean about bungee jumping ... and this is coming from someone who has skydived !! However, the thought of going head first off something, with my feet tied together, at the end of what is virtuallyan elastic band ... gives me the total collywobbles ...

    New Years day here ...so we've finally joined you all in 2009. Hoping that this year will be better than last..

    ReplyDelete
  5. great shots! Looked like an amazing time. Quite a ship!!!!
    A few bucks eh?

    David

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a fantastic picture of your day!! And YOU smiling.....you must be up to something ya tart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:02 AM

    HAPPY NEW YEAR. I love your photos and I am jealous of the sunshine too - it's all frosty and verrrrry cold here (minus 4 the other day)! You all look so happy on the pics! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun trip. I love the pictures..you're beeee-uuuuu-tiful.

    Soo, is Chris D.'s boss single? okok, just kidding..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris Your smile is wicked. Much much better photos girl. Keep it up!!! They really are gorgeous photos.

    Perfect weather for it. Hope Stew enjoys his long weekend off. Don't make him work too hard haha.
    To think I have to go back to work in 3 sleeps.. Uck Uck Uck

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like it was an amazing day.

    I love how you adore your husband, very cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:28 AM

    That's it. Some day I am going to come visit you!!! What a GORGEOUS place you live in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fantastic pictures and it looks like you had the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos. I must get to NZ one day. Auckland looks beautiful.
    You sure look like you all had an action packed day.

    Bungee jumping is something you will never get me to do either. No thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful photos wonderful day I am jealous too!!! its cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pictures, Chris! The blue skies, blue water, and warm sunshine! I'm sooooo jealous!

    And who is the hot guy with the shades? Let me know when you get tired of him, okay?

    You look wonderful and the day with your friends and family looks like it was a lot of fun for all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos, theres always something special about cruising on the harbour, blue skies and the wind through your hair - bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely happy pics! Happy New Year Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the pics. Glad you had a great time with Chris D. Bet you two never stopped yakking LOL
    Had to smile at Bryle's dress. Rhian has one the same and wore it on New Years day :)
    Enjoy the summer weather.....we are having mixed stuff down here, sun, rain, wind then sun again, very hot and humid,think we are in the tropics LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous9:42 PM

    Your niece reminds me of me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chris I love the Wii fit and its great for beginners however I think once you master the exercises and get good at them it might become a bit boring...

    I've managed to unlock all but a few of the 40 exercises. Some are harder than others. You do start off with some pretty basic exercise and the more you use it or the better you become, you unlock more or harder exercises.

    I hope sometime down the track they bring out a Wii Fit 2 disc that is a bit more advanced...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the pics .... so much tamer than my NYE .... I think I have a problem!!?? *lol*
    Happy New Year .... great to see you smiling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh tough life you have girl! What a way to start a New Year, and as to the smiling photos - we shall remind you of them next time you complain about school holidays being too long, after all you definitely look like you're enjoying them today ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. now THAT looks like a great trip.. im jealous..!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. FANTASTIC pictures Chris!

    Ok, so tell me, how far in advance do I need to book a reservation to come stay with you and have you be my tour guide?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Man, you have the most gorgeous eyes! I bet everyone tells you that.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The only water we get to go around here is the sheet of ice that freezes over by the cow barn.

    Yep, I'll take your trip anyday.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like a fabulous day...I too am envious of the fun in the sun!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.