Thursday, May 01, 2008

HEE HEE, LOOK WHAT I DID!

This is going to be my new walk... in my new home!



How cool is that! I have used a site called "Map my Run"... it's neat. My new walk is 4.29 kms long, it involves some flat walking and some hills... should be good! Once I'm used to it, I'm going to add in side streets too, which will build up the distance. I CAN'T WAIT.

Today:

Taking the kids to town.... might catch a movie with them... have lunch in town, yadda yadda yadda! Can't spend another day stuck inside the house, just CAN'T.

So we went to town... had an early lunch then went to get our movie tickets... hmmmm.... seems every man and his dog kid is going to the movies today! Had to book our tickets for late this afternoon instead... so we came home again! It is raining non-stop out there, totally miserable day.

If I NEVER take Griffin to a movie again... it will be too soon! That boy is impossible... he just won't sit still. You expect it from a two year old, not a bloody 6 year old. Grrrrrrr... AND he spilt popcorn all over the floor... Ok, maybe he wasn't THAT bad.. but he has given me a darn headache.
The movie? "Horton Hears a Who"... nice kid movie, great graphics, cute story.

End of Day: in all a decent one. Kids have been tolerable. NSV: eeerrrmmm... I didn't have any icecream? That will do! nite nite.

15 comments:

  1. Isn't that Map my Run fantastic? I did this ages ago and found my walk was over 6 kilometres. The walk to the shops and back when I take the boys in the pushchair is 4.5 kilometres and its 1.5k to my daughter's house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Technology today is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a cool walk and yes some good hills there.
    enjoy your day out
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool ... I love programs like that!!
    You are getting excited about your move arent you!! This is fantastic news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must be a bit slow, couldn't quite get the map thing to work for me, will have another go when the kids are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:22 AM

    Love it, map my run is fantastic. Enjoy the movies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:06 PM

    So what are you gonna see at the movies?

    Does New Zealand have a film industry? We have Whale Rider on DVD... wasn't that made in New Zealand? I think that is where the Mauri come from... is it? I've got myself all confused.

    My in-laws have been to New Zealand. They went when I was pregnant with my oldest and brought her back booties that I still have packed away. They were there for several weeks and my mil rode horses on the beach many of those days. The pictures are fabulous.

    My kids are big fans of the Lord of the Rings movies. Me, not so much. They are too violent and those Orks are just icky. I do always stop when they are watching them again when they are showing the area where the movies were filmed. Absolutely spectacular! What an incredibly beautiful place!

    So do y'all watch mainly NZ or Australian movies or do you see American made movies? Have you ever seen Muriel's Wedding? (from Australia) That is one of my favorite movies and Toni Collette is one of my favorite actresses. She does a lot of American movies now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good for you on the walking.. keep it up!

    p.s. you have officially been added to my blogroll :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. have fun at the movies hunny, what are you watching??

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonder it that map my run thingy would work here?
    i bet the botanical gardens are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love my maps always use it to map put my runs. Enjoy the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:06 PM

    That basement... oy. I posted pictures of my "progress." More like big gigantic mess! I already posted for tomorrow because I need to avoid the computer so I can get stuff done... the basement pics are under that. Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I walk a loop too, but it's just around the kitchen table.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love mapmyrun (just make sure they have your weight right or you get dodgy results!!!!).

    My son who's 21 still does stuff like that at the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats map run is very helpful. Thanks for sharing. Are the kids still on holiday? Hope it stops raining soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.