Tuesday, April 29, 2008

IRONS IN THE FIRE

Things are going to change around here.... the kids and I are off to Auckland next week !

We are going to live with my Aunt and Uncle in the suburb we will eventually be buying in... our home here will stay on the market... furnished but empty of people. It will stay tidy if nothing else! Our sons here will keep an eye on the house, mow the lawns etc.

This is the only way I can move to Auckland before we have sold... and get the kids into the school we want them in. I am avoiding moving their schools TWICE.. so it's all good! Shit I hope we don't drive my Aunt and Uncle nuts... it COULD happen!

So lots to sort out before we go... get gas, phone, internet, sky all disconnected....and pack... shit PACK. My head is going around and around in circles.. what we will need to take, what has to be done... Ah what the hell, it will all get done. I can do ANYTHING when I set my mind to it.

The TOBI: works fine, but I think it's an aquired art....
MY TATTOO: will be going on my right leg, outside calf area, and also on Stew's chest. This will happen now in Auckland.
Glad to hear I am not the only nutter who enjoys the pain of the epilator! later....




This little Blog Award has been floating around for a week or so, I FINALLY got one ... thank you Zanna! Seems I should pass it on... but I'm bloody scared to in case I miss someone and hurt their feelings... so I'm giving it to = YOU who read and comment on my blog... You are all FANTASTIC people, and I appreciate each and every one of you, so there! Give yourself this award, courtesy of ME.



OOO LOOKEEEE... sewing ! Hemming winter pants for Griffin.
It's been a nice morning, been to town, paid a bill or two.... bought kids socks for winter... home. Not much else for now...

"Huffing and puffing"... don't expect to see me skating on the streets any time soon! I have only just got the confidence to skate on me deck! And that's holding the broom as support to stop me landing on me arse! It's scary how bad I am ! I will persevere though, I ain't no quitter.

End of Day: been fairly quiet, getting stuff sorted out for next week... it's looking good for a 'go' !

NSV: weeellllll... none. BUT, I am determined to rejoin Weight Watchers once I am in Auckland, fresh start an all that. nite nite.

26 comments:

  1. Wow am so pleased for you, will make it so much better being up there. Watch out Auckland :). When there's a will there's a way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! When you get going you are like a whirlwind so I have no doubt everything will get done on time before you leave. How exciting. I bet you are stoked to finally be going to Auckland and even though the house hasn't sold yet just think .....no more bloody cleaning every day..LOL :) Will you have time on Fiday for a coffee?? I'll be in town for hair appt at 9:30am. Cyber hugs in the meantime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:21 AM

    great to hear have a movment on the getting to Auckland front it may not be a final result but think an alround better option must have been hard on everyone u living in 2 different cities.

    hugs

    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear you've got a plan going forward - I'm sure it will make a huge difference to all of you. Good luck with the packing! - I hate it with a passion - after about 14 moves in my life so far - neither wonder!! Love Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! Great decision though Chris! Come up if you can this week and say bye to Izzy!

    LOL I like the "pain" of the epilator too! Find waxing does a better job though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best for the move, Im sure it will work out,it will be awesome for you and the kids to finally move to Auckland, Im sure the house will sell. Please just ensure your house is fully insured when it is vacant. Wishing you all the happiness you deserve.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woooooohoooooooooo I am sooooo excited for you Chris....
    Bit worry for your aunt and uncle... but load thier Morning cuppa up with Valium and they will be fine...
    hahahaha
    Wooohooooo doin the happy dance for ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy for you to say the least. Please do not put too much pressure on you, and take it easy.
    it will all get done

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful news for you Chris, am so happy that at long last you all will be in Auckland...dont envy you with the packing but like you said well kinda we are women we can do anything RIGHT?...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. how exciting!! So glad to hear that you are going to move to Auckland... Sounds like just what you need...

    Good luck with the packing - I don't envy you... having just done a house move - I've just a work move to deal with next.

    So happy for you mate!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:20 AM

    wooo i got the award finally!!!! thanks babe! but who will we give it to considering the whole world reads your blog hehe

    and ooh tattoo soon? yay!

    good luck living with the folks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alright.....your moving!!! I'm glad to hear you will all be together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous12:29 PM

    Yay for you!!! It will definitely be better to be closer to your hubs and to not to have to switch the kids' schools twice.

    I cannot believe you like that epilator. Just. cannot. believe. it. Doesn't it hurt? Doesn't it make tears spring from your eyes? Doesn't it make you cry out to the heavens? Oh my Lord, that HURTS!!! In fact, if I could find a razor... I might just go hairy. Might.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:36 PM

    I was just over at Rick's blog... $8.17 a gallon for GAS?!?!?!? Holy Cow!!!

    HOLY COW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is great you and the family are moving up to auckland!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a plan! I'm sure you'll all be much happier this way.
    Good luck....I'm sure you'll have no major probs pulling it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your award and on your house solution. Nice of your uncle and aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous6:16 PM

    That is fantastic news, i'm so pleased for you and the kids. Good Luck with the packing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous7:01 PM

    EXCELLENT NEWS! im so happy things are turning your way hunny.

    E xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a good option considering what you've been going through. Happy packing :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thats great news about the move, a step in the right direction at least!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. good luck on the tatoo.... ive been meaning to get another one....maybe this summer....

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's great news. Hope thing go smoothly living with your Aunt and Uncle. All the best for you move.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You do live an exciting life. i trust all goes well for you in Auckland. Good luck on the Weight Watchers. I will keep you posted how I am getting on. i missed my free weight in as I am a little over my goal. But I started tracking my points again so that makes all the difference. Stopped the Core program for now. Trying to avoid the BLT's. All the bites,licks and tastes.

    As I am chief cook and bottle washer here due to the fact I am retired and a stay at home husband and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whatever you do, do NOT injure yourself now on those skates!! You can't move much with a broken leg.

    Your aunt and uncle are awesome to do this for ya. I hope it won't be for too long!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. why is your top story have a date of april? somethings not right here...

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.