Sunday, March 09, 2008

I LOVE BLOGWORLD, I REALLY DO!

There are just so many really NICE people out there in the world who I would never KNOW if it wasn't for this bloody blog!!!

I think it's just so nice. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO READS MY BLOG! You make my days so much happier.

Yesterday I begged for help with my fish tattoo, and now I have two wonderful artists working on it for me!!! How bloody neat is that????

ANOTHER really neat thing about to happen.... my 3rd daughter is about to have her first baby... I am SO EXCITED!!! But, I'm hoping she is a week late and waits till I am in Auckland over Easter weekend, that way I will only be an hour or so away from Hamilton (where she lives) when she goes into labour... then I will have TIME TO GET THERE!!! I so want to be with her when her bubby is born... it's such a special time.

Today: well I have to clean the downstairs bathrooms, the kitchen, wash the floors, vacum and put on a bacon and egg pie ... so it is cooking during Open Home..... it will smell devine. I AM SICK OF BREAD!!! That's about all I think! later dudes......
11.33 am.....
- bedrooms , bathrooms, rumpus all done
- pie ready to go in the oven
- floors washed and polished
- vacuming 90% done
- yard done
- almost ready!

The kids are 'locked' in the garage! Well not really, but god help them if they come out and mess up me house... in fact they have come out several times for piddles etc... and are making me mad so I rang Steve and he's coming over to take them out to lunch... THANK GOD! There is only so much I can do with two annoying little kids under me feet.
Griffin is constantly asking me for this and that.... can I throttle him do ya reckon? Grrrrr, I want some peace!

3 families through today, don't think any of them are 'the ones'.... another day of high hopes dashed again. Here comes the depression....

Steve and Lisa are coming to help eat the Bacon and Egg pie later... just as well cos it's HUGE. I can't seem to make small meals.



If only you poor buggers could SMELL THIS!!!! ..... so:



YUM.... and I bet it is too.

My Pie: Line a dish with flakey puff pastry, then line with bacon, mix in a bowl 2 dozen eggs, 600 grams chopped up bacon, 3 large chopped up onions, 2 cups grated tasty cheese, fresh herbs and a bit of salt... top with a lid of pastry... bake in the oven at around 180oC for 2 - 2.5 hours. SUPER YUM, A MILLION POINTS.

End of Day: glad it's over, I'm bloody tired. Slept on the couch last night cos I simply couldn't get to sleep in bed on me own. Hope I sleep tonight.

NSV: NONE. nite nite.

16 comments:

  1. Have a good day. Sounds like you'll be reeeeallly busy.

    I hope that your dtr is overdue for your sake.
    I hope that your dtr has the baby a week early for hers!

    Those final weeks....oh my gosh! I was soooooo tired of sharing my space with my little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:55 AM

    Thanks for clearing up the "NSV" mystery for me! I'm going to try to have a NSV everyday instead of focusing on the number on that scale (i'm addicted to the scale)After reading your blog I'm
    exhausted, you are always so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bake some cookies instead then?

    Oh I hope you make it to the birth, I can't wait to see my girls give birth!!!!! All be it I hve to wait 20years!! What an exciting time!!!

    Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:44 PM

    Blogland rocks, i'm like you i love it and all the people in it. You always make me smile.

    Sending you hugs across the Tasman

    Enjoy the pie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the pie is gorgy! I'll bet your new gran-baby will be, too. You sound like a super-organized homemaker... except for the part about keeping the kids in the garage! I had to laugh at that!!

    That's what my parents used to do with the dogs whenever we sold our house! We moved frequently and they had it down to a science. I wish I knew their magic tips; I'd pass it on to you because you sound like you're really ready to be outta there. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yuuummmmm, I'll have the recipe to that pie please:)

    Don't get depressed, you will sell your home, probably outta the blue and all the worry will be gone:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 dozen eggs, my goodness, thats my usage for a month.
    The pie looks yum, but I would be broke very quickly if I cooked like that. (still manage to only spend $100 all up a week) with quite a few luxuary's) but thankfully havn't bought meat (except chicken and fish) for a few years, and am eating oranges, passionfruit, rubarb, blueberries, pears, apples, and cherry tomatos from the garden at the moment, and once my vegie garden is set up should be able to cut out buying most of those as well. (except for carrots and potatoes which I don't bother trying to grow when they are so cheap to buy)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geez girl... which army were you catering for? hehe...

    Did you know the smell of coffee brewing is also great for when selling the house? less fattening too (not as yummy as bacon and egg pie or course).

    ReplyDelete
  9. A baby!!! How very exciting!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog. Oh that pie looks so tasty, I wish I could have some.

    Selling a house is such a pain, I went through this five years ago and trying to keep it all spick and span was like an endless drudge. All worth it in the end though when you sell it, which Im sure you will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh damn, now I'm hungry!

    In our house we call that dish "heart attack on a platter."

    ;-)

    Congrats on the baby-to-be!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That pie looks divine. I read that when a house isn't selling, to bury a statue of one of the catholic saints in the front yard. St Anthony or St Andrew? I am so clueless when it comes to religion. Maybe I'll google and try to find it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG that pie looks devine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the look of that pie. I'm gonna make me one.

    I hope you get your wish to be there with Kelly. Everybody around us is having babies and I'm starting to get a wee bit jealous. Hope it passes. I'm happy to wait another 5 years or so.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on being a grandmother again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am going to have to try this recipe... looks delicious

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.