Monday, May 14, 2007

WONDERFUL DAY !!!

The house has no curtains... and this morning I opened my eyes to the most gorgeous view ever... the city spread out in front of me, the sea, and a beautiful clear sky and the sun rising.... all without lifting my head off the pillow!!! What a wonderful start to the day...

My Mum is 70 today!! We got up and gave her our present, a really neat massage cushion that massages your entire back and butt... and she loved it... so much in fact that she has used it several times already today.... so neat.

Ron and I went into town this morning and he got my Mum a lovely dressing gown for her birthday... and we had a look around the headland... amazing water views....
then we went back home.

Lunchtime, Mum, Stew, the kids and I went into town and visited the Porpoise Pool, an aquarium with dolphins, penguins, seals, sea lions etc..... we kissed the dolphins, the sealions kissed us, we fed them, petted them, we had a ball !!! It had an interactive show where people participated in the show, and I think every one of us got us at some stage to "help" the handlers with the animals.... I tell ya, it was so neat!!! Mum had a wonderful time, I made sure the handlers knew it was her 70th Birthday, so she was hauled up to have a cuddle with a Sea Lion.... wait till I get home to show you the photos!!!

After that we had an evil lunch of fish and chips and ice-cream (forgive me my hips!).... and had a walk around the marina. THEN.... we all got glammed up and went out to dinner at a local place called The Hogs Breath, where we indulged in steaks, fish, chicken etc followed by Chocolate birthday cake..... and now we are having a coffee before heading home to veg out and gain 2 kilos!!! ha ha ha.... ah, ya only live once!

Can ya tell I'm having a wonderful time???? Cos I am! I love this place, it is so warm, the people are so nice and friendly, and it's beautiful here! I wanna move ..... Stew would melt though... so I suppose it won't happen, boo hoo.
Right chicks, that's me for another day.... nite nite.

11 comments:

  1. Glad your having a great time - Coffs Harbour is a great place. Can't wait till Saturday, YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! I went to that show at COffs when I was 9! I have photo of me shaking the dolphins 'hand'...

    I have a few funny Coffs stories to tell you...hee hee...just dumb ones.

    Hog's Breath in Tamworth was the scene of my last meat eating experience when I was 21!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so pleased you are having a lovely time and "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to your mam....70 years young eh.

    Enjoy the rest of your holiday....ALL OF YOU!!

    I can't wait to see the pics


    Bug Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOps....that should have said BIG Hugs not Bug hugs.....teehee....I thought it didn't look right but I had already clicked 'publish comment'


    Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are having a blast. You only live once. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like your having a wonderful time, I was grinning from ear to ear reading what a good time your having.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pleased for you that your holiday is giong so well!! It sounds like heaven:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to all the pics Chris. It sounds like you're having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sounds fantastic...
    All I want to do is sleep today and I cant get warm...miserable....
    have had a shocker...
    curled on the couch with a blankie... oh well hopefully feel better soon... Just gald you are having an amazing time..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are having a nice time...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just caught up on all the news of your holiday. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time.

    I love Coffs Harbour. Such a beautiful part of the world. I can't wait to see your photos.

    You are such a good blogger to be posting on your holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.