Thursday, May 10, 2007

BACK IN BRISBANE...

Up early this morning, packed our bags, caught the shuttle bus back to Brisbane... are now in our Motel twiddling our thumbs till we catch the train to Coffs Harbour tomorrow morning.

We had a lovely time on the Gold Coast, everyone was lovely and helpful to us silly tourists.... and yes, we found it hot! 27 is hot to us poor Kiwis!!! At home now the temperature is around 10 - 16 on a good day, and getting colder!

I have been very good with food on a whole, only having a tiny breakfast, a decent lunch and a tiny dinner, so am really hoping for a 1-2 kg loss by the time I get home. I have noticed my fitness has dropped considerably since I got the cold, followed by the TOM from hell again... and all the stress involved with the Biopsy etc.... so have a lot of work ahead of me when I get home to get it back.

We went out shopping when we got here to Brisbane, bad mistake .... it was 12 noon and every bugger in the city was on the streets having their lunch break.... I swear if I'd had a big stick I'd have been using it! I am one of the most inpatient people I know when it comes to moving about fast... I hate crowds and dodging people in my way.... I can feel myself building up to wanting to scream I tell ya ! Not a nice person eh? lol
The sooner we are out of this rat race the better.

What else? Well, the kids are having a ball, Griffin has taken to sleeping away much better than I thought he would... he sees our current Motel and says "there's our home", it's really cute! Brylee has the cold now, but isn't too miserable with it thank god. Stew is enjoying the break away too, even though the kids can get up our noses with their demands ... all in all, it's going great! I'm having a great time..... and looking forward to seeing my Mum tomorrow.

She moved here about 2 years ago, and this is the first chance we have had to come over and check out her new home.... I am sure it is lovely. Hope the shops are good in Coffs !!!! Have done bugger all shopping so far.... anyway, enough for today... am hoping Arron's Kiwi Girl calls in tonight... more tomorrow when we are in Coffs. bye bye

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:58 PM

    I'll be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crowds get to me too! You're a funny lady updating every day - but good record of your trip and what you did when. May be an idea to bring Izzy out to visit Toby, he's a lovely dog but seems a bit slow after Amber, LOL Peter calls him Dopey Toby. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep it's been very cold here at nights, put another blanky on the bed last night. Bet you're having a blast and thankyou so much for posting so regularly, helps us enjoy the trip with you ... yeah whatever!! Pffft!! lol

    And I could just see you there with your stick herding them past you, like sheep!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased that you are having a good time!!

    Oh WOW!! I am exactly the same when it comes to crowds, I just avoid crowds wherever possible and when a new shop opens I dont go into it until the novelty has worn off for everyone and it is then quiet.

    Enjoy the rest of your holiday and your time with your mam.

    Hugs hun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh 27 is hot! I'd be melting :-)

    Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhh Coffs Harbour, I have been there once or twice (many years ago) and it was a really lovely place, hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.