Monday, April 30, 2007

FEEL LIKE SHIT, PROBABLY LOOK LIKE SHIT

Not nice this cold thingee.... I had an awful night's sleep, tossing and turning, stuffed up with this cold.... and I've woken with a doozy of a headache... woe is me!

I so am not used to having a cold! I feel really sorry for people who get them all the time! It's been 4 years since my last one..... so I reckon I have been VERY LUCKY ! I also think I have sucumbed to this cold cos I am stressed out, what with the impending biopsy of me nether reigons, and the impending overseas trip too....too much on me mind weighing me down.

Gym today? Not too sure about that, might wait till I actually get outta bed before I make that decision! Ha ha ha, I now have the "old" laptop beside me bed, so I don't even have to get outta bed to check up on everyone! Too cool...... but I really must get up, I'm busting for a pee! later...

A conversation between Stew and Griffin this morning:

Griffin : "Dad, I want a healthy breakfast today, I want to be healthy!"
Stew: "Ok mate, what do you want for breakfast?"
Griffin: "I want Nutrigrain"
Dad: "That's nice and healthy"
Griffin: "And I want ham and cheese on my lunch sandwich, cos cheese has calcium in it, and that's healthy. Dad, do you want to be healthy too?"
Stew: "Yes I do Griffin!"
Griffin: "Well then, you really need to stop drinking BEER !"

I just cracked up , so did Stew!....

My darling husband took the kids to school for me, I stayed in bed till about 8.30!!! Then I got up and thought about going to the gym.... and while it was VERY VERY hard ... I didn't. I took a headache pill, me piddle pills and had a lovely Latte, and then:
- I vacumed downstairs
- I dusted and polished in the lounge and dining room
- I cleaned up the mess the teenagers left my rumpus room in on Friday night
- I vacumed upstairs
- I cleaned up the upstairs study (another pigsty)
- I cleaned all the mirrors in the house
- I cleaned both downstairs bathrooms

And now I'm taking a break! Livy, guess what? I don't know the meaning of "take a break" ha ha ha. Idle hands and all that palarva.... I think I'd have to be on me death bed before I stopped ...
Then:
- I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher
- put a load of washing on
- got dinner started (casseroled Mutton Chops)
Next:
I want to go into town (think I might just drive in the car!) and get some photos done for the gift to me Mum....

Above is a video clip of Avril Levigne's new single "Girlfriend", I love it! And I love her hair, and as I'm getting my hair done tomorrow I'm thinking of getting the BRIGHT PINK strip put in mine!!! Heeeeeee he! Wadda ya think????
LYNN...... does visual tracking count???? Cos this is what I had for lunch yesterday... well maybe not all that cake, but ya get the drift? In my defence (like it's gunna work!)... I only had a chicken sandwich, some chips, and 1 piece of chocolate cake!!! And I had NOTHING else all day, either for breakfast or dinner.... not a good example to 'DIETDOM" eh???
As for today.... NOTHING.... I feel like death warmed up and have nooooooo appetite. Getting a cold is good for the figure me thinks.
So, apart from the housework I have done nothing today, it feels so weird! And tomorrow I am getting my hair re-coloured.. so not getting to the gym again!! Maybe it will do me good to have an enforced break? Well, it's time to bugger off to bed, my head is pounding again, and I want to just lie down! nite nite.

18 comments:

  1. I hate having a cold. I can remember when I was in my 20's and early 30's I used to get colds with every changing season, amazingly, even through spring and summer and they were whoppers, really bad and lasted for a couple of weeks at a time but as I have got older I don't get them quite so often which I am suprised about, maybe I have built up a better immune system to fight the colds off.
    I tend to get what I would call a sniffle more than anything else, well I call them sniffles compared to how I used to get them.

    I am inclined to agree with you about too much stress, it will make you more susceptible to catching colds but hopefully it wont stay with you too long.

    Look after yourself an hopefully it will be gone in no time.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it easy - at least you got the cold htis week rather than when you are away. Hope the tests go ok for you.

    LOL at Griffin! Had our grandson asking about the sugaar content in one of those milk drinks. I told him it was high so he suggested we buy it and let it sit until the sugar sunk to the bottom and he would drink it then. If only it was that easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does suck having a cold (by the way, I have missed you too!!)hopefully it will pass soon. Get some multivitamins and antioxidants into you. And Chris, I know you dont' know the meaning of the word but REST woman!!! You need to actually lay down and read a book or something, let your body recover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not much keeps you down hey!!!
    Not long to go now!!! Aussie Aussie Aussie...OI OI OI!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @ Griffin, you can't arge with that!

    You've done very well to not get a cold in so long, especially living in a house full of kids. Is that since you have lost weight/got healthier?

    By the time you read this it will be bordering on lunch time. Put your feet up, find an Elvis movie on tele and DO NOTHING for a couple of hours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Griffin is sooo cute... how great is that.

    Girl I hope you get better soon... colds suck!

    Love ya
    Chubbymum
    http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:34 PM

    Yikes, I haven't had a cold in.... years?

    Last time I had one was when I lived in England - so, musta been maybe 2003 or so.

    I HATE colds hun - and I think you should bloody take it easy, which means taking care of yourself and allowing your body to recover - and not over-exert.

    ie, no RPM!!! You will just be using valuable energy sources that should be used to fight the cold.

    PROLONGING THE BLOODY THING!!!

    And possibly shadowing over your trip to Aussie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vit C, 4g a day while you're sick!! And get hold of some Ferr Phos cell salts from your health store. Work a mint.

    Hope all is well and try not to stress out too much. Who needs the gym when you are doing all that housework??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Griffins comment was too funny! Kid's are just the cutest with what they say.

    Hope you feel better soon chickey!

    BTW - don't mean to be a nag, but how's the tracking coming along? :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ya,
    Oh no, not another person with a cold. Arn't they horrible. Hope it doesn't last long. I seem to get one every year and it tends to last for around 12 - 14 days normally.
    Hope your feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My god woman, I'd hate to see what you do when your not sick.

    Kids say the cutest things some times,When I was a smoker a few few years ago my daughter used to hide my cigarettes, as she didn't want me to die.I found about 7 packets of ciggies in her drawer when I cottoned on - so cute.

    I liked the hair the "pink bits" (lol) were nicely understated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! Colds! I hate them too!
    Make yourself a hot lemon and honey drink and look after yourself. Hope you have a better night tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you get well soon ..... My hubby and little fella have both had the flu already! I usually don't get them .... but have to look after those who do!! lol..
    It is amazing what our children pick up from us ..... it goes to show that if you live a positive, healthy life .... there is a possiblity that they will too...!
    Ohh .... there is a pic for you on my blog....
    Get Well!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. KIDS ARE SOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!! i love those conversations!!!

    hope your feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous6:29 PM

    well I DID do another post today, but you must have missed it due to doing all the funny tests!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks babe - you know why!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you are feeling better!

    That song drives me crazy! Probably because I would have been much more like the "conservative" g/f in school and not punky like Avril =0p

    I like the visual blog! hehe. McDonalds has sounded SOO tastey to me the last couple of days. Must resist!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poor you with a cold. Don't worry about the exercise, just get better.

    Thanks for you nice comments. Wish I could say I had a wild weekend. It was rather calm and subdued. Weather was ultimate crap. We did catch a movie at the theatre.

    Hope you're feeling top notch very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.